Ande43

Just read and LOVED them

15 posts in this topic

I just read two books by Karen Kingsbury "Unlocked" and "Angels Walking" GREAT reads!!! Both of them!!!!

I read Angels Walking...so VERY good!! I love her books!

Oh...I read Unlocked a long tie ago. I think it was the first Karen Kingsbury I read. It was a great book also!!

I think Conda recommended Karen Kingsbury to me not too long ago. I have her on my list to read, but it's a long, long list, lol!

I think Conda recommended Karen Kingsbury to me not too long ago. I have her on my list to read, but it's a long, long list, lol!

Put her on the top of your list....You won't be sorry

Anyone ever read Jan Karon's Father Tim books? or the Elm Creek Quilt novels by Jennifer Chiaverini? Loved them all!

Anyone ever read Jan Karon's Father Tim books? or the Elm Creek Quilt novels by Jennifer Chiaverini? Loved them all!

I read Jennifer Chiaverini's The Runaway Quilt and I loved it!

I love the Father Tim books too. I like the Elm Creek Quilt novels about the current day group, but the historical ones, not so much.

Working my way through the Sister Fidelma series by Peter Tremayne. sort of like the Brother Cadfael series, by Ellis Peters. Sr. Fidelma is a seventh century Irish religieuse, trained as a dalaigh, or attorney/investigator for justice. Enjoying them, learning more about that time period.

Fun note: Ellis Peters is the pen name of Edith Pargeter.

Peter Tremayne is the Sister Fidelma author's pen name; his given name is Peter Ellis.

Oh boy - I think I've read all of Jan Karon's and Jennifer Chiaverini's books. I know I've read everything by Ellis Peters (but not her books under the Pargeter nme) - at least twice each. When I run out of new books, I reread the Brother Cadfael omnibus. I'll have to look for Peter Tremayne - sounds as if I'd like it, too. Thanks for the suggestions!.

I enjoyed them - All Jenniver Chiaverini books have a nice. old fashioned feel to them. I've read more of the Quilt novels and loved them.

Working my way through the Sister Fidelma series by Peter Tremayne. sort of like the Brother Cadfael series, by Ellis Peters. Sr. Fidelma is a seventh century Irish religieuse, trained as a dalaigh, or attorney/investigator for justice. Enjoying them, learning more about that time period.

Fun note: Ellis Peters is the pen name of Edith Pargeter.

Peter Tremayne is the Sister Fidelma author's pen name; his given name is Peter Ellis.

I liked both of these series very much. Brother Cadfael does have a different 'feel' than the Sr. Fidelma ones, maybe cozier? Although both have great period details.

I'm reading the Father Tim books by Jan Karon now and I love them! Finally working my way down the list, lol.

Thanks for the recommendation to read Karen Kingsbury. I just finished Angels Walking. I really enjoyed it and want to finish the series.