Just read and LOVED them

Ande43

I just read two books by Karen Kingsbury "Unlocked" and "Angels Walking" GREAT reads!!! Both of them!!!!

I think Conda recommended Karen Kingsbury to me not too long ago. I have her on my list to read, but it's a long, long list, lol!

I think Conda recommended Karen Kingsbury to me not too long ago. I have her on my list to read, but it's a long, long list, lol!

Put her on the top of your list....You won't be sorry

• 4 months later...

Anyone ever read Jan Karon's Father Tim books? or the Elm Creek Quilt novels by Jennifer Chiaverini? Loved them all!

I read Jennifer Chiaverini's The Runaway Quilt and I loved it!

Anyone ever read Jan Karon's Father Tim books? or the Elm Creek Quilt novels by Jennifer Chiaverini? Loved them all!

I love the Father Tim books too. I like the Elm Creek Quilt novels about the current day group, but the historical ones, not so much.

Working my way through the Sister Fidelma series by Peter Tremayne. sort of like the Brother Cadfael series, by Ellis Peters. Sr. Fidelma is a seventh century Irish religieuse, trained as a dalaigh, or attorney/investigator for justice. Enjoying them, learning more about that time period.

Fun note: Ellis Peters is the pen name of Edith Pargeter.

Peter Tremayne is the Sister Fidelma author's pen name; his given name is Peter Ellis.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy - I think I've read all of Jan Karon's and Jennifer Chiaverini's books. I know I've read everything by Ellis Peters (but not her books under the Pargeter nme) - at least twice each. When I run out of new books, I reread the Brother Cadfael omnibus. I'll have to look for Peter Tremayne - sounds as if I'd like it, too. Thanks for the suggestions!.

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed them - All Jenniver Chiaverini books have a nice. old fashioned feel to them. I've read more of the Quilt novels and loved them.

Working my way through the Sister Fidelma series by Peter Tremayne. sort of like the Brother Cadfael series, by Ellis Peters. Sr. Fidelma is a seventh century Irish religieuse, trained as a dalaigh, or attorney/investigator for justice. Enjoying them, learning more about that time period.

Fun note: Ellis Peters is the pen name of Edith Pargeter.

Peter Tremayne is the Sister Fidelma author's pen name; his given name is Peter Ellis.

I liked both of these series very much. Brother Cadfael does have a different 'feel' than the Sr. Fidelma ones, maybe cozier? Although both have great period details.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg the other day - really good, she always makes me laugh! 

One of my favorite series is the Lord Peter Wimsey novels by Dorothy L. Sayers. Anybody else love Lord Peter? 

If you want to ever see a really good film adaptation, the Dorothy L. Sayers Mysteries: Harriet Vane Collection (Strong Poison / Have His Carcase / Gaudy Night) starring Edward Petherbridge is the best, IMHO ;)

I had to buy a new Kindle, my app wasn't working and couldn't get any support for it on my tablet.

I tried to read Fannie Flagg, but couldn't get into it. My maiden name is Flagg, so I thought it would be funny to be a fan, but it didn't work out!

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone read the Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton? Your quintessential cozy English cottage mystery series. She keeps writing; i keep reading. I usually don't want such light stuff but I really enjoy these! 

5 hours ago, diannecp said:

Has anyone read the Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton? Your quintessential cozy English cottage mystery series. She keeps writing; i keep reading. I usually don't want such light stuff but I really enjoy these! 

I LOVE Aunt Dimity!! I found them at the library by accident. I happened to walk down that aisle and there they were. I love the cozy little town and always a good mystery!

29 minutes ago, CRS said:

I LOVE Aunt Dimity!! I found them at the library by accident. I happened to walk down that aisle and there they were. I love the cozy little town and always a good mystery!

I think I've heard of these, but never read them.  I'm usually not fond of mysteries, but these sound good and I"m goind to look them up! :)

On 7/7/2017 at 5:01 PM, MariJ said:

I think I've heard of these, but never read them.  I'm usually not fond of mysteries, but these sound good and I"m goind to look them up! :)

I think you'll like them, Marilyn! It's an easy read, not gory or gruesome.

1 hour ago, CRS said:

I think you'll like them, Marilyn! It's an easy read, not gory or gruesome.

Thanks, Carla.  Easy read but especially not gory or gruesome is just my speed!
I might even be able to get them from the library for my kindle.   

I know I've read, and enjoyed, some of the Auntie Dimity books, although not recently.  I can agree with the comments above; need to look for them on my next trip to the library.

Archived