ScrapSimple Challenge 11:00 a.m. ET

11:00 a.m. (ET) – ScrapSimple Challenge

Do you love to use our ScrapSimple template products in your layouts? Do you want to use them, but wonder how to color them? Join me, April Showers, in the chat room and we'll go over some tips and tricks for using the different types of ScrapSimple templates.

We have a special layered paper template freebie that I'll give you the link to in the chat!

Every layout you complete for our challenges today and post in the interNational Scrapbook Day 2016 Gallery will count as one entry into our prize drawing. Also, those who complete all 7 challenge layouts today will earn entries into another drawing!

Your challenge is to use the free paper template we handed out in the chat or any other ScrapSimple template (paper or embellishment) on your page. If you don't use the freebie, just let me know what product you used.

Post your pages in the gallery linked above. If you put a link in this thread, I'll be sure not to miss it.

Someone asked about scaling styles. Here is a tutorial on the blog - Adjusting the Pattern Size of Styles in Photoshop Elements

OK, folks. Here are my unedited notes from the chat:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/ScrapSimple-Tools-Styles-Grungalicious-Distress-Biggie-8501-Commercial-License.html

http://store.scrapgirls.com/Mixing-My-Media-Collection.html

I choose the color with the color picker and then when you go to do a Hue Saturation adjustment, you click on colorize and it will change it to the color you chose. It might not look right, but if you leave the hue the same, moving the saturation and lightness sliders will usually give you the correct color. I use adjustment layers when I do those color changes so I still have the original underneath it.

BMU_SSStyles_PaintingTex.asl1

When the hue saturation window is open, click on Master and it will show a drop down of the different individual colors you can adjust.

Re too dark: Use a Levels adjustment. I tend to bring up the midtones which is the middle slider. Yes, the levels adjustment is on the template. Yes, the levels adjustment is on the template. ers

Then you can apply the color overlay

I play with the levels with the color overlay already there... so I can see that I'm getting what I want.

Again, you'll need to make sure the clipping mask box is checked. I think it is just a little icon at the bottom of the levels panel.

On the coloring with styles, glitter styles look really sweet too...

Right click on the fx icon on your layer that has the style applied and choose "Scale Effects" Then you can change the scale of the style. It is especially helpful on text. You can go to Layer, Layer Style, Scale Effects, too, in PSE

how do i apply a color and style just to the dark part of one layer in the template?

Is this a single layer template?

No 3 layers. One layer is both of the other two so I just deleted that one its the tempate today and so i have to select each dark area individually? The different colors are on different layers in the template. There is one that shows them together - like Andrea said.

create a new layer and apply color blend mode, colour section with a paint brush and then clipped that colored layer to the template

I do something similar when I am painting on a template. I will use multiply layers for more colors tooYour challenge is pretty simple. Use the template freebie or any other SS template in your layout. Just let me know what you used if it isn't the freebie!

Your challenge is pretty simple. Use the template freebie or any other SS template in your layout. Just let me know what you used if it isn't the freebie!

I use the magic wand tool to select that part of the layer and then Control+J to copy it to its own layer. Then apply the style to tat layer

If you want all of one color, make sure contiguous isn't checked. If you have trouble, adjust the tolerance on the magic wand tool.

Jane aka Xana

Archived