Rotating Brushes

momto2mnkys

I have a question about using brushes in PSP. I have installed numerous brushes and when I go to use them they rotate in different directions. Many of the brushes I want to use straight up and down. How can I prevent the brushes from rotating???

Hi. I think that maybe you have dynamic brushes or something like that. You might need to go into the brush settings and turn off scattering. I remember being frustrated with this problem to, but this seemed to fix it for me. Maybe someone who is a whizz at explaining can explain it better. Hope that helps. By the way welcome to scrap girls and I like your "Momto2mnkys" title :-)

I don't use PSP, but I wanted to say welcome to Scrap Girls. Looking forward to see your layouts in the gallery. I'm sure that some one will be along to help you.

Hello and welcome to Scrap Girls! :)

As Ngaire mentioned above, you probably purchased dynamic brushes which are different than regular brushes. I don't use PSP, so I'm not sure if there may be settings you could change so the brushes don't rotate/scatter.

When purchasing brushes from Scrap Girls, you may want to be sure you only buy regular brushes. There are two categories of brushes in the boutique:

Brushes

Dynamic Brushes

Also, if you are interested, here is a great tutorial which explains dynamic brushes and how they are different from regular brushes: Discover the Magic of Dynamic Brushes

If you purchased dynamic brushes and really can't use them, you may want to email Angie at hello@scrapgirls.com to explain your situation and see if she can give you a credit.

First, Thank you for the warm welcome ladies! I was an avid scrapbooker about 5 years ago and had to put it down for a while. I am slowly getting back into it! The brush set I purchased was was "It's a Plan" and it shows in the Brushes section not the Dynamic brushes. I'm going to keep fiddling around with the settings. I am working on a planner for this next school year but it is sure frustrating to not be able to get a brush to work vertically!!!! If anyone finds a solution I look forward to hearing it!!!!! :)

First, Thank you for the warm welcome ladies! I was an avid scrapbooker about 5 years ago and had to put it down for a while. I am slowly getting back into it! The brush set I purchased was was "It's a Plan" and it shows in the Brushes section not the Dynamic brushes. I'm going to keep fiddling around with the settings. I am working on a planner for this next school year but it is sure frustrating to not be able to get a brush to work vertically!!!! If anyone finds a solution I look forward to hearing it!!!!! :)

Hmmm, since it isn't a dynamic brush, I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. Sorry I don't have any ideas. :(

I'm hoping maybe someone who uses PSP will come along with some help for you. Good luck. :)

I don't use PSP, but if you are just using the brush for a single image, stamp it on it's own layer, then rotate the image so that it's vertical. If you are stamping a bunch of images, this would be too tedious, but for a single image, I do this all the time.

I don't use PSP, but if you are just using the brush for a single image, stamp it on it's own layer, then rotate the image so that it's vertical. If you are stamping a bunch of images, this would be too tedious, but for a single image, I do this all the time.

Great tip, Carla! :)

Carla,

This worked! Thank you so much. :daisy:

Archived