printing cards

mhm45

I usually create my own cards using the 10 x 7 size (A7). To do this I have to set a custom size in my printer (HP Envy 4520). Now it's gone crazy and prints half a card or starts printing part of the way through so that a white band ispost-6372-0-48887600-1465412157_thumb.jpg at the end. HP printers no longer allow you to set up a custom print within the printer. You have to use a Windows 10 setup. I'm wasting paper and ink and getting nowhere. Has anyone else had problems? Can anyone suggest a printer that prints cards to custom measurements?

Is there a current Win 10 compatible printer driver for your printer model? I would install that as my first possible solution.

Some older printers are simply not Win 10 compatible. They may still print, but special custom sizes get messed up. You can work around this by printing your card on regular standard size card stock i.e. set your paper size to 8.5x11, and use 8.5x11 size stock. After printing, trim off the white margins.

As far as I can tell, it's more of a problem with HP printers because in their printers released in the last couple of years they have taken out the option to create custom sized prints. A very bizarre move in my opinion and I sent them an email expressing my concern. Canon, on the other hand, has kept this option in just about all their printers as far as I have been able to check. If I end up having to buy a new printer I'm guessing it'll be a Canon!

Archived