SS club - beyond the sea (June 2016)

lagtn

In this month's club for the alpha - please clarify as this applies to all the files

#1 folder - separate pngs --- it is my understanding that with the PC that I do not need these files and essentially can discard

#2 folder - single png - why would this be a file to keep since it has no layers

#3 folder - ACDSeePro 9 PSD (have never seen this file name) -- has 3 layers and assume this is the one I would want to keep

Depending on the program you are using, you are basically correct. Not everyone scraps in Photoshop, so I believe they include the layered .png file for those scrappers who have to work with each layer separately. I would personally save the single .png file so I would have a visual in my folder of the finished product. The layered .psd file is the one I would actually work with in Photoshop, though.

I agree with Melanie. It's nice that the designers include all the different files for those who don't use Photoshop, but it does get confusing (at least to me, and I've been using some form of photoshop for 10 yrs)!

Archived