2017 Hybrid ATC Calendar Swap

CRS

Holy moly....I decided to check in today. Lo and behold, I find that some of you (a-hemm) are already finished? Yikes!

Front and part of reverse are done, and I thought that was a huge accomplishment. You ladies want your calendars! :) (Can't blame you there....this is a fun project).

Gosh, I have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby! LOL!

Ummmmm.... No worries, Laura! We actually have ONE MONTH from today to have these finished!

Mine are coming along, but not finished or nearly, but they will be in time! :D

Little snag here.... The finger ligaments I tore last summer have been bothering me and hard to bend so saw Dr today who said it's now also a bit of tendonitis, gave it a shot of cortisone and buddy taped the fingers together, grrrrr..

Hard to use scissors and right before that on my way there I'd had my cards printed at Staples. :(

So, I will try the scissors tomorrow, otherwise will be a few days - he said 2-3 weeks but I'm going to try before that! He said I can do anything taped, but it's hard to be precise that way and wouldn't you know I have something tiny to cut out this time!

Yes ladies there is still plenty of time. Up until as of lately my mojo was on vacation. This swap helped bring it back. With my work schedule ever changing I wanted to get mine done while I knew I had time to do them.

Marilyn, don't rush the healing of your hand. You don't want to make it worse.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't even started... :blush: And I just watched the two videos posted... I'm wondering if I'm in over my head. I never was a paper scrapper before, and really haven't gotten into hybrid scrapping either. I know nothing about paper scrapping techniques... this is a great excuse to go wandering around Michael's, though! =)

Don't worry, Mikelle, you can do this! I was never a paper scrapper and I'm still not....I just do cards and atc type things. Two layers of cardstock is exactly what you said in your post....just another layer of cardstock to help reinforce the paper where I punch the holes. A lot of times, I will create a digital atc front, and a back, then flatten them and drag them onto a new document. I'll arrange them so they are lined up together (whether side by side or top and bottom is up to you) then print them out. Instead of cutting them apart, I'll fold on the line where they meet. There is my two layers of cardstock.

I've attached a sample from a previous swap for you to see.

post-2597-0-42262600-1474243194_thumb.jpg

I just cut around the cards and then folded down the middle.

Did I help our confuse you more?

Don't worry, Mikelle, you can do this! I was never a paper scrapper and I'm still not....I just do cards and atc type things. Two layers of cardstock is exactly what you said in your post....just another layer of cardstock to help reinforce the paper where I punch the holes. A lot of times, I will create a digital atc front, and a back, then flatten them and drag them onto a new document. I'll arrange them so they are lined up together (whether side by side or top and bottom is up to you) then print them out. Instead of cutting them apart, I'll fold on the line where they meet. There is my two layers of cardstock.

I've attached a sample from a previous swap for you to see.

attachicon.gifSample.jpg

I just cut around the cards and then folded down the middle.

Did I help our confuse you more?

Now why have I never thought of that? I create the digital ATC back and front and drag them onto a 8.5x11" document -- I can get 9 on a page.

But, I end up printing and cutting each one out and then glueing them back-to-back. I never thought of folding, duh-uh........ :hit-head-with-hammer:

Don't worry Mikelle - we all had a first time panic. Like Carla said, start by making a front and back in the normal digital way, that's the first step and then there are lots of us around to answer questions.

Thank you, Carla, that was a perfect explanation! Thanks also for the tip on just folding the front and back together, rather than cutting them apart. I feel a little better, too, now that I have an idea of how I want the card to look, at least the front. New territory!

I started to mess around with some ideas today and ended up printing mine, too. I have to go to the craft store for a little bling, but since I was planning to go on Friday, I have a real excuse to go and not just because I want to go!

Cards are done! Does anyone ever send an extra or two, in case something goes wrong with the hole punching?

My 9 year old discovered what I was doing, and asked me why I didn't pick December (her birth month). She loves crafts, so I gave her an extra print-out to make a version of her own card. It turned out well!

Don't worry about sending extras. If I mess up the hole punch, I keep the card for my set. I have 3 strikes (since Lauren and Brooke are doing it)! If your daughter is interested in joining the next round of cards, we'd love to have her!!

WHEW!! Dodged the Hobby Lobby bullet! I didn't think I had just the right bling (in four drawers crammed full with bling?), but I found some things that will work very well. Everything printed, cut and glued together, half way through the bling. Hopefully, these will be in the mail by Tuesday.

Diane's cards arrived and they are just lovely!! Wait until you see them!!!

We didn't dodge the Hobby Lobby bullet.....Or the Michaels one either! Fortunately, our Jo-Ann's isn't open yet. But keep in mind, these stores are now 40 minutes away from me, not 5 minutes like they used to be!

Does everyone send theirs in just a regular letter envelope, or are you all using a padded manila envelope? I'm worried they will get bent; DH is going to send them for me tomorrow or Thursday, and he's worried, too... he actually went out to the garage and found a small box for me to send them in. I'm wondering about the SASE, too... padded manila envelope, squished into the box? =)

I send mine in a baseball card sleeve, the way I was originally told to send hybrid ATC's. If you put one in each slot, then accordian fold it - so only one row shows - (3 across) - it then fits in a legal sized envelope. I put tiny bubble wrap around mine this time and stuck the extra 3 cards in the middle so it was too thick to go as an envelope even though it was in one!

I'll bet if you wanted to send in a bubble envelope you could put a thin piece of cardboard in too so it wouldn't bend.

I send mine in a baseball card sleeve, the way I was originally told to send hybrid ATC's. If you put one in each slot, then accordian fold it - so only one row shows - (3 across) - it then fits in a legal sized envelope. I put tiny bubble wrap around mine this time and stuck the extra 3 cards in the middle so it was too thick to go as an envelope even though it was in one!

I'll bet if you wanted to send in a bubble envelope you could put a thin piece of cardboard in too so it wouldn't bend.

Thank you, that helps!

I've never received an envelope with issues, whether a bubble envelope or plain white one, but these swaps could have some bulge to them, so a bubble envelope would probably be best. I'm always nervous sending the envelopes out, no matter what kind of envelope is used!

DH gave me two of his baseball card sleeves, he insisted on putting them, the SASE, and the return postage into a box, and then took it to the post office and sent it for me. He supports my scrapping - happy about that! So, mine are in the mail. =)

DH gave me two of his baseball card sleeves, he insisted on putting them, the SASE, and the return postage into a box, and then took it to the post office and sent it for me. He supports my scrapping - happy about that! So, mine are in the mail. =)

Awwwwww.. Sounds like he's a keeper! :)

At long last mine are printed, cut, pasted, blinged, and glittered...and packaged up ready to go into tomorrow's mail. And I had a bright idea while I was packaging. I always print mailing labels for Carla and my return envelope and this time I printed a whole sheet...I'm set for the next three swaps! So I guess I'm committed.

I just came home from running errands and 2 packages awaited me!

Mikelle, are you sure you haven't done this before? Your cards are wonderful!!!

Marilyn, your cards arrived safe and sound, too, with the most creative (and dear to my heart) theme!!

Ladies, you are really outdoing yourselves this year!!

I just came home from running errands and 2 packages awaited me!

Mikelle, are you sure you haven't done this before? Your cards are wonderful!!!

Marilyn, your cards arrived safe and sound, too, with the most creative (and dear to my heart) theme!!

Ladies, you are really outdoing yourselves this year!!

Well... no, I haven't made ATC cards before, and I haven't ever tried hybrid, but I did realize when I thought about what to make that I have a small collection of traditional scrapping supplies, like punches - I love punches! I have several books of background papers, and stamps, and embossing powder and a heat gun, etc. I've just been keeping it all in boxes for whenever the girls have craft projects for school. It's hard to go into a Michaels and not buy scrapping supplies! Anyway, glad the cards arrived safe and sound!

Archived