Slow Scrap September

ValerieT

Welcome to September's forum game. A straight forward slow scrap!

Every day, Monday to Saturday, we will give you a step that will lead to a finished layout. The first layout will have nine steps. layouts two and three will have six steps each. The last layout will have five steps.

Members who complete the steps and post all 4 layouts in the Slow Scrap Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of two $10.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

Each completed layout posted in the Slow Scrap Gallery, up to 4 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $3.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on September 30th 2016 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Slow Scrap Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

You can make changes to your layout as the week progresses.

After each step you can post your progress in this thread if you wish. PLEASE NOTE; THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Here is how;

• Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial by Carla How To Post Images In The Forum to post your "progress" in the game thread.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben and Kiahna go back to school on Monday, so we are taking them on one last day out. I don't know what time we will be back, so I am posting today's step early.

2nd Sept; Step Two
Blend at least two of your papers together to create your background. You may use any method to blend your papers.

Sorry for not posting yesterday. We had to take Ben to the hospital. He is fine now but we were there for hours.

3rd Sept; Step Three
Add an odd number of photos to your layout.

Oh my goodness!! I wasn't thinking today since it is a holiday here in the states....I have been all ready to post tomorrow. It just dawned on me...that there is a task for today. I spent all day yesterday and today in the office. Did I mention it's a holiday??? *sigh*

5th Sept; Step Four
Change one or more of your photos to black and white or sepia.

I'm finally caught up. I'm using Angie's club for the majority of this, but there are a few other products thrown in from Angie as well. These are photos from my inlaws' 50th anniversary party we had a month early when we went to NY in July.

post-2597-0-61786100-1473175055_thumb.jpg

Well, I enlarged the one photo and used Syndee's Sepia Magic style on it. The other photos didn't look good anymore going down the side of the page so they are now across the bottom. I added a bunch (9) of embellishments including a tag since I'm hoping we'll add a date at some point. If not, I'll switch it out.

Here it is so far:

post-20673-0-61639600-1473176832_thumb.jpg

Well, I enlarged the one photo and used Syndee's Sepia Magic style on it. The other photos didn't look good anymore going down the side of the page so they are now across the bottom. I added a bunch (9) of embellishments including a tag since I'm hoping we'll add a date at some point. If not, I'll switch it out.

Here it is so far:

Great adapting Diane! ;)

I look forward to catching up on my layout tonight. I have a couple of more "big things" in the office to take care of and expect to complete them this afternoon...THEN, some down time scrapping! (laptop is charging!!)

4 papers:

EBA_JIFPlus_BloomGrow_Paper_Orange; EBA_JIFPlus_BloomGrow_Paper_Orange-Plaid; ABR_JIFCTW_Paper-Deco; ABL_Super7_Paper1;BA_SimpleJoys_Paper_Plaid-Orange

2 papers blended:

Blended the Orange Plaid paper into the Bloom Grow Orange paper using SNU_SS_PhotoStory_Template1blend.;

Photo B & W using: SNU Black White Magic Style

9 Embellishments:

Ribbon: BMU_OldHollywood_WA_RibbonTag_Gold

Clip: EMA_SnapOutOfIt_paperclip

Star: GWH_SwimMeet_Emb_Star-Blue

Word art: strip-sunshine-SpringHasSprung-Mommyish

Flowers: Parts of JRA_BohoBlooms_Emb_Clusters_1;

EBA_Festivitea_Emb_Tape-Yellow

EBA_WhitePumpkin_Emb_TwigBorder

JRA_SpringFever_Emb1_Border1

Button: SPI_MyFavoriteMouse_EMB__Buttons

Well, I started my layout with papers, blended two, then went blank! I think I've forgotten how to do a layout! Headaches don't help. :)

I did the same thing and went blankety blank, I also had a headache definitely headachiousmojoless symptoms.

But I then used the blankety blank LO for the weekend challenge just gone. :D two weeks of work for decorating has made my brain snoooozzze hahaha!

Archived