October Crazy Slow Scrap

ValerieT

:wobbly-eyes: :wobbly-eyes: :wobbly-eyes: :wobbly-eyes: :wobbly-eyes:

Welcome to October's forum game. A crazy slow scrap!

Every day, Monday to Saturday, we will give you a step that will lead to a finished layout. Some steps will be straight forward, others will be a little crazy. The first and last layouts will have seven steps. layouts two and three will have six steps each.

Members who complete the steps and post all 4 layouts in the Slow Scrap Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of two $10.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

Each completed layout posted in the Slow Scrap Gallery, up to 4 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $3.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on September 30th 2016 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Slow Scrap Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

You can make changes to your layout as the week progresses.

After each step you can post your progress in this thread if you wish. PLEASE NOTE; THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Here is how;

• Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial by Carla How To Post Images In The Forum to post your "progress" in the game thread.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll see what I can do. Maybe this will help me get back into the swing of things.

Here's step 1. There's way more photos at the moment than I plan on using. I'm just not sure if I want the black-and-whites or the coloreds.

post-18472-0-07581100-1475369224_thumb.jpg

Got a busy day today, so I am posting today's task early.

3rd October
Crop two of your papers to the same shape, any shape. They don't have to be the same size but they must be the same shape.

4 papers:

AFT_Blushed_Paper_4; AFT_Blushed_Paper_1; AFT_Blushed_Paper_6; SBA_PartyLover_PP_Dots-Blue

Crop 2 papers to shape

I cropped AFT_Blushed_Paper_6 and SBA_PartyLover_PP_Dots-Blue to GWH_SwimMeet_Emb_Star-Aqua

So, I'm going to be brave and try to do a 2 page spread for this week. I'm scrapping photos from our trip to Cincinnati to see the ball park there. My papers are all from Angie's First and Goal and Chic Instinct and the template is from Cheri's newest 2 page spread set. I cropped the papers to fit the strip at the bottom.

post-2597-0-25122600-1475524206_thumb.jpg

Its taken me a while to think as well :)

came up with this...

4 papers and odd number of photos. I used LLO_ToyTrains and 7 photos.

post-5913-0-42870900-1475529202_thumb.jpg

This is what stumped me cropping two papers same shape anyway I cropped 2 papers into arrows

post-5913-0-85325600-1475529485_thumb.jpg

I'm sticking to my African photos; this did require some thinking! But I like what I've done so far; don't know if if's flexible enough for the upcoming tasks.

I have one photo - that's an odd number.

Four Papers: LLO_Amethyst Mist_PinkStorm, soft light blend over

LLO_Autumn Symphony - linear dodge over

BMU_Beautiful Black - Brocade (a pattern - embossed)

BMU_Beautiful Black-Backdrop.

The middle papers are cropped together into rectangles, so the black brocade doesn't show as a separate paper; may need to fix that. But it's a start!

post-20302-0-74727800-1475551181_thumb.jpg

TYO_MommaDear_paperMiniSolids_Moss; TYO_MommaDear_Paper_RoseFlowerRows; MST_AMom2B_FloralGreen; TYO_MommaDear_paperMiniSolids_SoftTan; ABR_BOY_Element_Butterfly_Blue (for butterfly cutout silhouette)

3rd October

Crop two of your papers to the same shape, any shape. They don't have to be the same size but they must be the same shape.

I clipped my papers to a star. Did I have to make my own shape with the cookie cutter or may I use an existing star?

15 embellishments

ABR CTW Staple;

3 flowers; 1 leaf; 2 twigs; part of twig and part of sequin on top star; Sequins; All from AFT Blushed ( 10 items)

MRE Nano Celebrate Stars (2 items)

PWR Botanica Ribbon Green

BMU School Zone Ribbon Stripe

3rd October

I clipped my papers to a star. Did I have to make my own shape with the cookie cutter or may I use an existing star?

I don't know the official answer but I'm guessing Conda is easy. Use your existing star! :D

Archived