Spring 2017 Meet Up

We're all talking about having a meetup in the spring. We haven't settled on a location but wanted to see if the weekend of 20Apr2017 - 23Apr2017 looked good. Please reply if you're interested in going. If that won't work, suggest other weekends, but for the people in the room, that was the most likely.

Go!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I think I have a conflict with that weekend. Lauren's only been to a few weeks of "conditioning" for softball, but she's been practicing with the older girls and it looks like she'll at least play JV and they have a tournament scheduled that weekend. I won't know for sure until February though...

So, I think I have a conflict with that weekend. Lauren's only been to a few weeks of "conditioning" for softball, but she's been practicing with the older girls and it looks like she'll at least play JV and they have a tournament scheduled that weekend. I won't know for sure until February though...

Oh no....I mean, great for Lauren, but not for us!

Oh no....I mean, great for Lauren, but not for us!

Agreed...oh no! I guess you can't commit until Feb. I hope it works out for Lauren, but want to see you there too!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the date on my calendar. I hope we can have another meet-up sometime in KC. I would love to show you my new house and take you for a boat ride. (not sure the boat would be in the water in April) I haven't scrapped for so long. I have my office set up and mostly organized. This move has taken a lot out of me. I guess the old bones aren't what they used to be. I'm making a t-shirt today for my soon to be four year old grandson today. (maybe, if I remember how to use the Cricut)

I have the date on my calendar. I hope we can have another meet-up sometime in KC. I would love to show you my new house and take you for a boat ride. (not sure the boat would be in the water in April) I haven't scrapped for so long. I have my office set up and mostly organized. This move has taken a lot out of me. I guess the old bones aren't what they used to be. I'm making a t-shirt today for my soon to be four year old grandson today. (maybe, if I remember how to use the Cricut)

Karen-I've been wondering how the move went. It does take time!

No location has been selected yet...you can lobby for KC :)

Oh my word! My calendar is empty and that's the weekend after Easter which is traditionally slow at church. I've put this on my calendar for now. The big trick is going to be finances. I can't drive by myself and don't know what ticket prices will be...praying!!!

• 2 months later...

Karen-KC has been mentioned. What are your thoughts for location and etc?

Oh my word! My calendar is empty and that's the weekend after Easter which is traditionally slow at church. I've put this on my calendar for now. The big trick is going to be finances. I can't drive by myself and don't know what ticket prices will be...praying!!!

Yay!

Anyone willing to meet in WA or OR?

There has been talk about a NW meet up. I've always wanted to see the great NW!

Karen-KC has been mentioned. What are your thoughts for location and etc?

Yay!

There has been talk about a NW meet up. I've always wanted to see the great NW!

I'm always game for a meet-up in the NW.

We are planning to move to Spokane in 2019... if a NW meetup happens earlier than that, I might be able to work in a trip home to see my extended family, and set up a meeting with the lab I hope to get a job with eventually.

Hmmmm... isn't Centralia a hopping, touristy place? :party-smiley-048: Or maybe Leavenworth...

Leavenworth is more of the touristy place. April had us at her beautiful home a couple years ago, very relaxing too. And we got to meet Debbie (that was fun too).

Hey Carla, it's February....any word?

Tryouts are next week, but it looks like Lauren will at least play JV. The girls think that the coaches already know who is playing where, that tryouts are just a formality for the girls who have been playing on the basketball team and not at conditioning. The head coach is having a baby today, so she'll be on maternity leave until April so that makes me think the girls are right.

I'll keep you updated....

I've got the dates reserved for time off. April is fast approaching, so let's make something happen!

What are your suggestions for locations? GO!

Last meet up was Saint Louis...are we game to look at KC? I am flexible for anywhere, but am happy to look at KC as an option. (unless y'all are tired of it)

I'll probably have to sit this one out - We are MOVING!! Just eight blocks, lol, but to a bigger, beautiful house! Cross your fingers for us, as closing is April 4 and we'll move in that weekend (7/8th). We just had the inspection today and will get the full report tomorrow, but he didn't seem to find anything big that is wrong with it.

I'll miss you all desperately. This will be the first meetup I haven't been able to attend since I started coming to them in 2011/12? (I'd have to look back at my scrapbooks to remember which year was my first meetup).

Archived