Spring 2017 Meet Up

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably have to sit this one out - We are MOVING!! Just eight blocks, lol, but to a bigger, beautiful house! Cross your fingers for us, as closing is April 4 and we'll move in that weekend (7/8th). We just had the inspection today and will get the full report tomorrow, but he didn't seem to find anything big that is wrong with it.

I'll miss you all desperately. This will be the first meetup I haven't been able to attend since I started coming to them in 2011/12? (I'd have to look back at my scrapbooks to remember which year was my first meetup).

I'm so excited for you! I hope you do have a little $ and are settled so that you can come and party!

• 2 weeks later...

So, Lauren was notified she made the team, which we knew because they can't cut any freshmen. But, they didn't tell her which team she is on!!! She's only practicing with the older girls, so I'm going to assume it's JV, which means I won't make the meet up. There is a tournament the same weekend....

If things change, I'll let you know, but have fun!

And maybe, just maybe, if I work my tail off getting us settled, maybe I can be a late addition to the "party" in KC!! :) (If we have any money left after closing, lol).

I say you will need a little bit of away time after all your hard work!!

I have contacted our usual hotel. I will update as soon as I hear back from her.

ARE WE THERE YET???

Thanks to Tiza (in a random conversation) I realized that my corporate taxes are due a month earlier...so I am knee deep in tax stuff for the accountant....

Conda, I'm waiting until a little closer to the time to broach the topic with Jeff:) Although, maybe I should just plan on coming and inform him!! ;) Besides, it'll be cheaper if I plan ahead and have a roommate rather than coming last minute and everyone already have one, right? I think that's good, sound logic.

Conda, I'm waiting until a little closer to the time to broach the topic with Jeff:) Although, maybe I should just plan on coming and inform him!! ;) Besides, it'll be cheaper if I plan ahead and have a roommate rather than coming last minute and everyone already have one, right? I think that's good, sound logic.

That is GREAT sound logic!!

I hadn't subscribed to this thread and didn't realize this was coming up so quickly until I chatted with Conda yesterday. As far as I know that weekend is free for me. Plus if it's not, it's close enough I can go back/forth. But we'll be in track/golf season and I don't really go to many of those events so I should be good.

I hadn't subscribed to this thread and didn't realize this was coming up so quickly until I chatted with Conda yesterday. As far as I know that weekend is free for me. Plus if it's not, it's close enough I can go back/forth. But we'll be in track/golf season and I don't really go to many of those events so I should be good.

OHHH...maybe if there is a meet or tournament we can go as our photo walk. You can teach how to get those amazing sports shots you take! ;) I mean the boys would LOVE that. :giggle_bear:

And maybe, just maybe, if I work my tail off getting us settled, maybe I can be a late addition to the "party" in KC!! :) (If we have any money left after closing, lol).

I have contacted our usual hotel. I will update as soon as I hear back from her.

ARE WE THERE YET???

Thanks to Tiza (in a random conversation) I realized that my corporate taxes are due a month earlier...so I am knee deep in tax stuff for the accountant....

What city was decided? I have to check flight prices.

Hope all goes smoothly with your taxes :|. I'm usually done with mine by now and I'm just delaying, need to jump on that!

ARE WE THERE YET???

Hope all goes smoothly with your taxes :|. I'm usually done with mine by now and I'm just delaying, need to jump on that!

We are looking at Kansas City. Seems to be central and etc. However-if someone has a better idea...that's great too!

ARE WE THERE YET???

We are looking at Kansas City. Seems to be central and etc. However-if someone has a better idea...that's great too!

That's what I thought but wanted to confirm. I'll start looking at ticket prices.

Since we have dates and a location, I was thinking of posting this as an event on FB. Unless I'm stepping on toes - let me know and I'll try to get it up there this week.

Not stepping on any toes...haven't heard back from the hotel yet!! I've reached out twice...will call this afternoon if I haven't heard from her. (Plenty of other hotels in the area...however, hoping to use the same one!!)

Thank you for doing this Michele!! Don't forget to tag Carla!!! LOL.

Ladies-why in this technological age is it so difficult to communicate???????? Just wanted to check in and let you know I have it on a good authority that I can reach my contact person in the morning at 7.....so hang tight! I will let you know as soon as I get a response...hopefully in the morning!!

Since we have dates and a location, I was thinking of posting this as an event on FB. Unless I'm stepping on toes - let me know and I'll try to get it up there this week.

Not stepping on any toes...haven't heard back from the hotel yet!! I've reached out twice...will call this afternoon if I haven't heard from her. (Plenty of other hotels in the area...however, hoping to use the same one!!)

Thank you for doing this Michele!! Don't forget to tag Carla!!! LOL.

I'll get on it today. Well, if Carla would friend me, I could include her.... :P

Ladies-I expect to have everything in official writing by noon today!!!

As an FYI-Drury put a kink in the works. They raised the meeting room price to $500/day....so I've been researching other options-found better room rates AND meeting room rate.....STAY TUNED!!

38 DAYS!!!

Ladies-I expect to have everything in official writing by noon today!!!

As an FYI-Drury put a kink in the works. They raised the meeting room price to $500/day....so I've been researching other options-found better room rates AND meeting room rate.....STAY TUNED!!

38 DAYS!!!

Yikes!

Here it is!! There has been a hotel change, but it is in the same area. less than 2 miles from the airport. Drury doubled the price of their meeting room to $500/day!! This hotel doesn't offer the 5:00 Kick Back so we will have to make more official dinner plans, but there are lots of options close by.

Hampton Inn Kansas City, MO

11212 North Newark Circle,

Kansas City, Missouri, 64153, USA

816-464-5454 local

Rooms $119/night + tax There are 8 rooms with 2 double beds, 2 with one king bed

Meeting room $200/day

Complimentary breakfast and airport shuttle

Use the group ScrapGirls and call the local number above (I will update when I get a booking link, expected Tuesday morning) or the 800 number she didn't give me...(will update tomorrow)

Don't delay-reservations must be made by March 30th

Archived