Dragging files from photo bin

ScrapGram

I am using PSE 14 but haven't been scrapping much lately. I know I read somewhere that there is something you can do when dragging something from the photo bin onto your layout to get the object you are dragging to land on top of the layer that you want it to land on. I have tried holding down both the shift key and the ctrl key, and even both of them together while dragging, but nothing works. I always have to go to the layers palette to get the dragged object on top of where I want it to be. Can someone refresh my memory! Thanks

I'm not sure about PSE 14, but in PSE 11 when I drag something from the photo bin to my layout, I make sure the layout I want the item to land on is activated, then drag up from the photo bin. The item will automatically land on the layer above the activated layer. HTH :)

It used to do that Teresa before this version, but it doesn't do that anymore. You have to highlight the layer you want it to land on top of in the layers palette, but there is also something else you have to do (I am sure I read that somewhere!). I just don't remember what it is. I am pretty sure you have to hold a key down or something. Thanks!

It used to do that Teresa before this version, but it doesn't do that anymore. You have to highlight the layer you want it to land on top of in the layers palette, but there is also something else you have to do (I am sure I read that somewhere!). I just don't remember what it is. I am pretty sure you have to hold a key down or something. Thanks!

Did you try sticking your tongue out? Sometimes that helps me! :P

Seriously thought...isn't it frustrating? Sorry I'm no help!

The main reason I like to drag from the photo bin to the layout is that when I do, the layer is automatically named with product info. It just saves me a little bit of typing.

The main reason I like to drag from the photo bin to the layout is that when I do, the layer is automatically named with product info. It just saves me a little bit of typing.

I don't type anything. I say 'Save As' copy/paste into One Note.

I don't type anything. I say 'Save As' copy/paste into One Note.

Hmm, that's interesting Belle. :)

I like to have the layers automatically named, then when I use the Supply Tracker action, everything automatically transfers to File Info and EXIF properties. I don't need to type or copy/paste anything.

I drag from the bin into my page and then the credits show up on the layers pallete.

In PSE 13 when I drag directly from the photo bin, it automatically names the layer with the product name, but then it's a smart object which causes other issues.

For me, it's a toss-up to what's more annoying - my preference is to add as Belle and Carol do and type in myself. Then I don't have to deal with simplifying the layer afterwards.

Archived