Old Old Member Dropping in to Say Hello

Reminiscing

Hi! I looked for a general chatting forum, but this looks like the most appropriate for a simple hello. I was active at ScrapGirls from 2007 to around 2010. After that I explored the possibilities of scrapping for hire and starting a photography business. My kids are now 15, nearly 13, and nearly 10, still homeschooling, and wonderful people! We still live in Fredericksburg, Virginia.

During the last several years I've nearly completely dropped scrapbooking and then got back into it again. I'm attached to a different digiscrap place now, but I will always have a fondness in my heart for Scrapgirls, which I consider to be where I got my start. I learned all the basics here. It's like my digiscrap family of origin. :)

I scanned a few threads and remember a lot of names. It's good to see you again! And I'm glad ScrapGirls is still going after all these years (I know so many sites have closed!). Last year I got back into digital scrapbooking and this year I'd say I've definitely re-established the habit. I put my scrapbook pages in galleries on my own website now, so you can take a look if you like. If you look in my gallery here at Scrapgirls you'll see my kids when they were little and my current galleries will show you how big they've gotten.

I hope the people I remember from way back when see this and know I'm grateful to you for your part in helping me get started in this awesome hobby. If you recognize my username at all, then I mean you too! Thank you! :wub:

p.s. Editing to add that my avatar is a current-ish photo (2014) and still the one I use for everywhere from FB to other forums, but my signature is older! I have been using PS+LR CC for a year and a half now. Still rocking the old Rebel T1i though!

hi michelle... nice to see you and wow the kids have grown... funny how that happens to us all. i now have 7 grandkids. i too feel that sg was a great place, i have made a lot of friends and really learned so much about scrapping and using photoshop

Hi there Michelle :cowwave: I think that many of us come and go but coming back is pretty cool. I still haven't changed my avatar and that little baby is now nearly 10years old!!! And I have another 5 grand babies. Life is awesome!! Good to see you popping by.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived