Coloring a bow template

Lesann

Hello,

I seem to always fight this, so thought I'd ask the best way to do this and then print it off :)

I'm using MRE SS_Bows template and I want to color them red or whatever color (not add a style), but when I either do a color overlay or a clipping mask, I lose that lovely satin feel to the ribbon/bow or the texture to the grosgrain.

So I'm doing this wrong and when I've done it right, it was stupid luck.

Please help.

Hugs,

Leslie Ann--who is missing Challenge Chase as I did more work then than I've ever done before :)

Hi Leslie Ann,

In PSE 11, with something like SS Ribbons, I just add a new blank layer above the template layer, then fill the blank layer with the color I want. Next, I clip the color layer to the template layer, and scroll through blend modes until I find something I like.

Also, depending on the item, sometimes just coloring with Hue/Saturation works for me. HTH :)

Hi TeeCee, how are you? I've seeing you Challenge Chase. Anyway, I tried that, I even went to you awesome tut on the gemstones and pearls coloring, but for some reason I can't get the red to blend well. It almost obilerates the texture of the grosgrain. And going to Hue/Sat didn't help.

GAYLE, I did just go and look at Brandy's video and I saved it as it's a great one for lighter embellies. Thanks for posting the link. I blush to admit, I'd forgotten the videos on YouTube.

Hugs

Leslie Ann

I coloring the grosgrain ribbon red. It's so brilliant that the grosgrain is hard to see. H/s isn't helping, neither are the blending modes. Is red just hard to work with, or grosgrain?

L

TEECEE,

Here is an answer you gave from 2014. I tried it and it's perfect.

"Hi Joey,

I'm sure there's a way to use Replace Color, but I'm not familiar with it.

Try this: First be sure your foreground color chip is the color you want to change the ribbon to. Then go to Enhance>Adjust Color>Adjust Hue/Saturation.

When the Hue/Saturataion dialog box comes up, click the Colorize box and adjust the saturation and lightness sliders. You can also play with the Hue slider if you want to change from the foreground color chip. HTH "

TEECEE,

Here is an answer you gave from 2014. I tried it and it's perfect.

"Hi Joey,

I'm sure there's a way to use Replace Color, but I'm not familiar with it.

Try this: First be sure your foreground color chip is the color you want to change the ribbon to. Then go to Enhance>Adjust Color>Adjust Hue/Saturation.

When the Hue/Saturataion dialog box comes up, click the Colorize box and adjust the saturation and lightness sliders. You can also play with the Hue slider if you want to change from the foreground color chip. HTH "

Hi Leslie Ann. Glad this worked for you! :)

Archived