Upgrading to new PSE Organizer

moving memories

Hi- can someone PLEASE help me? I have thousands of PNG files (scrap elements) tagged and organized in my PSE 6 Organizer. I also have PSE 10 on my computer that does NOT have any scrap supplies in it but works better for editing photos-and I"m SICK of going back and forth between two photoshops!

I am now upgrading to PSE 15 and I want to be able to delete PSE 6 and 10 and only use 15- but alas- PSE doesn't allow me to save metadatea info to PNG files.

I want to import my PSE 6 organizer with all my organization and tags. Can someone help me PLEASE?!!!! Grateful in advance- and I bet I'm not the only one trying to do this! :)

I downloaded the trial version of 15. I'm currently using 13. When using 15, open the organiser. The program will ask if you want to update your organiser or start a new one. I don't know if your PSE is too old but mine worked beautifully.

Thanks Belle -not sure it's this easy from PSE 6...and furthermore- I'm afraid even if the organizer imports easily- my tags won't be there. I've literally spent hours and hours tagging through the years. I right clicked on file- save metadata to files, but that won't work on png files- and as we know- many digi scrap supplies are in png format. Did your tags show up?

Okay, I just checked. No tags. What it did do though is sort everything into Months. Also by name of collection. The same as what Picasa does. I use the Find>Search by Metadate> and then eg. butterfly or bee, blue etc. If you want a collection, it's towards the bottom. I lost all the tags and spent days and days putting them in. Still going to upgrade though.

15 has got the Group function that PS has got. This way you have less layers showing. I like that.

Also eg the shortcuts have changed. I don't know if it's on everything but I know that to clip something is no longer CTRL G but now CTRL + ALT G. Just as in PS. CTRL G now Groups.

Thanks Belle- I'm dreading having to re-tag everything.

Im excited for the upgrade though- mostly for the refine edge ability -I frequently select subjects-( both human and canine), to move to other backgrounds, and I also frequently use sky overlays to optimize sky colors , and it's very rough selecting the hair and fur edges in older versions.

well- the great news is that I loaded 15 and my whole organizer loaded in correctly with albums and tags! The bad news is that I just discovered that PSE 15 has no "color variations" option -which is a whole other thread but it's a very important option missing and now I can't get rid of PSE 6 or 10! Why would they remove such a useful and important function? Especially for designers/ scrapbookers -we can add/adjust color with such precise control like no other way!

That's great and good news, thanks for letting us know! :)

In PSE I use: Enhance> Adjust Color> Adjust Hue & Saturation, it works for me - I never used color variations even though my PSE 6 had it!

I also use the Hue Saturation. I don't even know what colour variations is.

Same here. I almost always use Hue/Saturation. Color Variations is available in my PSE 11, but I seldom use it. :)

Sorry, just playing around and I found all my tags. I like this 15 even better than 13 so far.

I tried 13 when it first came out (trial version) and did not like it. So I kept 12, upgraded to 14 (but it kept crashing) and now I've got 15 trial version and I love it, so far. Going to purchase it at Costco when it goes on sale (this week) for $40. The only thing I need to know is how can you add all of your styles at one time instead of adding them one by one. I have hundreds of styles and brushes and it took forever to add all of them to previous versions. Help would be appreciated.

Archived