ScrapSimple Double Up Chat - 1:00 p.m. (ET)

1:00 p.m. (EDT) – ScrapSimple Double Up

Join me (April Showers) at 1 p.m. Eastern Time (Noon Central Time, 11 a.m. Mountain and 10 a.m. Pacific Time) in the chat room for a Double-up Challenge!

I'll go over some tips for using ScrapSimple templates and tools and then show several ways to combine two templates into one great page. Hope to see you in the chat room! We have a special freebie we'll be giving out only in the chat.

(If this is the middle of the night for you, you can PM me for the link).

Your challenge is to use a ScrapSimple Template (doesn't need to be the freebie) with another ScrapSimple Template or a ScrapSimple tool. For example, you could color the different layers of a paper template using styles, or you could add texture using styles or another paper template. You could add the design of a paper template to a SS Embellishment or you could use styles to color different layers of a SS Embellishment template. You can do any combination you'd like, just explain a bit of it in the description if it isn't obvious. :)

Post links to your layouts in this thread so I don't miss them.

Tips from the chat:

We talked about coloring layered templates with styles. Scaling the style is a trick that helps them look better on smaller things. Here is a tutorial on it: Adjusting the Pattern Size of Styles in Photoshop Elements.

We also talked about using Levels Adjustment layers to help lighten or darken templates so you can get the colors you want.

Here is my page: Addy at Play

Thanks for the heads up on scaling. I have never known about nor used that feature until this layout. I took the triangle piece of the template, put it on my layout and then applied a grey wood style. What was so neat was I enlarged the pattern style to see the wood grain more and it also allowed me to move the style around on the triangle to get just what I wanted to show. Very impressed with this tip. I also put a wood style on the large frame.

Here's mine.

Archived