Double Time Speed Scrap, 9 pm et

CRS

Join Carla (crs) in the chat room for a Double Time Speed Scrap where we'll get a layout done super fast! We will give out 6 tasks over the course of an hour. After the last task is given, you'll have one hour to post your layouts to the gallery. We'll get you scrapping Double Time!

I'll update this post with the tasks as they are revealed in the chat room, so if you can't make the chat or have chat room problems, you can still participate!

Task #1- Choose one photo and duplicate it at least two times, so you have at least 3 photos now. Layer the photos on top of each other in a fun way, but a portion of each photo must be showing. It can be just a sliver of an edge of the photo, but it must be there!

Task #2-Choose 2 papers for your background and blend them together using your favorite method. You can use blending modes, gradients, SS Papers, Brushes…whatever you want!

Task #3-Add your embellishments, as many was you want, but there must be at least 2 of every embellishment you use!

Task #4-Create a title AND subtitle for your layout. You must use two of the following to create your title: alphas, fonts or word art. You can use 2 different fonts or alphas…feel free to use one of each even!

Task #5-Add a little something something to your layouts by using at least 2 styles or brushes (or one of each). Shadows do not count!

Task #6-Add your journaling and date if you wish, plus any shadows. Make any adjustments to your layouts so that you love them, even if it means changing one of the tasks. Upload your layouts to the gallery within the next hour for a true Speed Scrap! Happy DSD!

This was my 1st speedscrap & it was so much fun! The time constraint was actually very "freeing" for me. I'm not thrilled with most of my choices but not knowing what to expect (AT ALL) I chose elements quickly & "forced" myself to work with them. What do you know...I CAN do a layout without overthinking and overworking to death?! Thanks for the prod in the right direction. I've learned so much today. Time well spent!!! Thanks!

Archived