Uploading layouts?

chattycat89

I don't have a lot of layouts actually done (I tend to edit/scrap on my 4x6 pic's & put in pocket pages so far) but I really want to get started on doing more actual 12x12 pages. When I upload them into my gallery, what all do I have to include? I see some products/supplies listed on some layouts but I'm not sure what all is required? I've searched the forum tutorials but didn't see (or just overlooked) this part addressed specifically.

Thanks,

Cathy

It is often nice to list supplies in case someone likes something you used, but isn't strictly required. It does make it easier to find those products in the store. You may link your ScrapGirls products right to the boutique if you want, or you can just list them. It is OK to use products from other designers, but linking to other stores is not OK. You can list the kit name and designer in cases like that.

HTH!

It's usually scrapbook etiquette to give credit to the designer(s) whose products you've used. That's why you'll see something like "JZI Happy Haunting Collection Mini" under a posted page. That's if you've used Jennifer's new Halloween collection for example!

Drats! There's etiquette? Haha! I like to use things from lots of different kits...should I list what individual elements came from what kit or just the kit name, in general? I'm thinking if it's each item, that could create some lengthy supply lists...is that still the preferred thing to do? And where/when do you list supplies? (Or will it be obvious when I finally go to upload a page?)

What I do: Bring your element up to the work space. File>Save As. The name of the element will come up highlighted in blue. I do CTRL C and then go to a One Note file that I have opened.) Any note pad or word document will do.) CTRL V. This way my list is there when I'm done with my layout.

Then File>File Info. CTRL V in the Description>OK.

Remember to save your work AGAIN as PSD file otherwise it will not show up. Your elements that you used are now in the File EXIF. I like doing this because sometimes months or even years later you want to know what paper or button etc you used and just cannot find the thing. If I used more than 3 things from one collection, I just give the name of the collection so that the list is not too long. I always mention the name of anybody when I use there stuff. If I post to Facebook I just mention that all the products came from Scrap Girls (or wherever).

Hope you follow this. I'm not to good at writing explanations.

You can use Belle's technique, above. That way, you're credits are viewable in the EXIF properties when someone looks at your layout. Or, you could list them in the box when you upload your LO.

Here's how to upload a LO to the Gallery:

Click "Upload New Image" on the Gallery main page. You can choose to start a new album, or select an album you already have. These will be created if you select "Start New Album," and you can just create one album for all of your LOs, or you can create categories for your LOs. Or you can upload it to a category (like a challenge gallery, if your LO is for a challenge), or a general Gallery folder under a specific theme -- like Weddings, Kids & Families, etc.

After you make your selection, you will get to step 2, which is where you locate your image on your computer, select it, and hit OK. Then you will want to select "Review and Publish," not just "Upload." This will take you to the final screen where you can give your LO a title, add tags if you want (this is not necessary), and add a description. In the description box is where you can list your supplies, background information on your LO (if you want), and/or input any journaling you have on your LO. This also is not necessary, but I appreciate this because often the print on the LO is too small to read, and journaling helps tell your story.

Once you finish this, you can select "Finish & Publish," and you're done!

I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery!

Ooh, one more tip for posting LOs...designers love to see how their products are being used. Most of us search the Gallery for these LOs by searching for our last name and our product initials...this is a combination of the first letter of the designer's first name, followed by the first two letters in the designer's last name. (In my case, I search for JZI.)

This only works if the designer's name or initials appears in the description part of the layout. Products listed in EXIF properties don't show up in searches.

HTH!

Archived