2016 Cookie Recipe Card Exchange

April Showers

large.jpg

It's time for our 11th Annual Cookie Recipe Card Exchange and you're invited! We have a special, free recipe card template to help you get started. We love cookies, and we love getting new cookie recipes to try, so all participants will receive a sweet little ScrapGirls Boutique gift just for joining in.

Here's how to join in the fun:

• Design a 4x6-inch recipe card (300 pixels per inch) using mostly Scrap Girls products. Use one of your favorite holiday cookie, candy, or sweet treat recipes - something "tried and true" is preferred.
  • All skill levels are encouraged to participate! If this is your very first time to try your hand at digital scrapbooking or if you’re a pro, please join in the fun!
  • When you design your card, avoid putting any text within ¼ inch of the edges. Anything close to the edges can get cut off when the card is printed.
  • Place your name or Scrap Girls Forum username somewhere on the recipe card (small text is fine).
  • Save your design as a JPG file, with a file name that includes your name or ScrapGirls Forum user name (for example, my file might be called aprilshowers_gingercrinkles.jpg.) We want to know who made what!
  • Attach your card to an email and send it to cookieexchange@scrapgirls.com. Please include your first and last name in the body of your email. A confirmation will be emailed to each person who sends a recipe card so they know their card was received. Please allow 48 hours for confirmation.
  • Cards MUST be received by Midnight (ET) on Monday, December 12th.
  • Unfortunately, if you don't send in a recipe card, you will not be able to get a copy of all the cards. No exceptions. Your recipe card is your ticket to all the fun!
  • We ask that you not post your recipe card in your Gallery, Facebook, or anywhere else until the swap is over. This way, we can all be surprised by the cards we get! You can post your own card in the Gallery or anywhere else anytime after December 13th.
  • Please don’t sell or give away any of the finished cards on blogs, emails, etc. You may print some or all of the recipe cards as a gift for someone you know personally, but wide-scale distribution or sale is not allowed, as per our commercial use terms, which can be read in full here.
  • You can submit more than one card, if you wish - the more the merrier!
  • On December 14th, each participant will receive the links (via email - the same way that links come when you buy Scrap Girls products) to download the recipe card files.Participants will need to include their First Name, Last Name and email address for us to send them the recipes.

The great thing about designing the recipe card, is that I've already got the recipe done! Maybe I'll do another one, just for fun.

I still need to decide what to do for mine. After 11 years, I've already done most of my cookie recipes.

I'm the same way, April! So I found 2 recipes to try and if they turn out I'll share them. If not, then I'll just have to try some more!

• 2 weeks later...

The great thing about designing the recipe card, is that I've already got the recipe done! Maybe I'll do another one, just for fun.

I still need to decide what to do for mine. After 11 years, I've already done most of my cookie recipes.

I'm the same way, April! So I found 2 recipes to try and if they turn out I'll share them. If not, then I'll just have to try some more!

Ohhh...I forgot I saved a new recipe-and even bought the ingredients!!! Must find time to bake them!

Hi April, I was about to send my Cookie Recipe Cards but forgot SG uses EST Time Zone and not PST. I'll still share the recipes but will honor your request not to post in the Gallery until after you have sent the members their emails. I'll wait and post to the Gallery when I'm home in NJ on Friday, Dec 16th.

Happy Holidays to you, your family, the SG staff and SG members!

After you get the recipe link from Angie, you can post your Cookie Exchange recipes in the Recipe Swap Gallery.

Lots of beautiful recipe cards! Thanks to everyone who participated!

If you missed the deadline, we'll be doing it again next year! At least one of the recipes you'll be getting was a hold-over from last year. :)

I managed to upload my 1st card. I think the system might be jammed now. I have 2 more to upload!

This is the basic cookie dough recipe to make "Little Snow People" and "Chocolate Chip Snowballs" - they each have a separate recipe card.

I made these many years ago when I was still working. I packaged each "Snow People" on it's own piece of cardboard and wrapped it in a decorative cellophane bag and ribbon; I handed them out to my employees children who visited the office during the Christmas season. I have very fond memories of doing this!

Festive Cookie Dough

Archived