Making a PSD file

notsosavvy

Unfortunately, no, you cannot make a flat file like a quick page (png file) into a layered file (psd/tif). However, if you have the kit the quick page was made from, you could recreate it with the various pieces/files and save that as a layered psd so you can change what you'd like to change.

Are you in the Scrap Girls monthly club (the one that debuts the first of each month)? The bonus products in the clubs always contain about 5 layered templates - so it's like a quick page, except you get the actual .psd file. You can change whatever you want on those!

As Cheri says, quick pages only have one layer, so you can only treat it as you would a digital photo or an embellishment image. I have used quick pages as a starting point, adding co-ordinating elements to cover up what I don't want, and photo-editing areas using masks and blending modes.

In doing so, I can hardly call it a quick page project any more, as it takes almost the same amount of time to do a project from scratch :giggle_bear: , but I love the results.

Archived