Open Recently Edited Files

lorac

I used PSE15 and until recently 'Open Recently Edited File' has always worked. Now it no longer works and I can't find anything helpful at Adobe to fix this problem.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Have you looked at your preferences? In edit/preferences/saving files, at the bottom it listed how many recent files you have listed. If the number has somehow been reduced to zero that might have something to do with the problem.

I also have this problem. I have 10 as the number to be saved. All listed are old. Once in awhile a new one will show up. No rhyme nor reason to it. I have seen other posts talking about this issue. I think it is a bug in 15. A pain, but I have just quit using it.

Have you looked at your preferences? In edit/preferences/saving files, at the bottom it listed how many recent files you have listed. If the number has somehow been reduced to zero that might have something to do with the problem.

I have the files listed as 20. Until just recently all was fine. Must be the New Year gremlins. :disappearing-smilie:

I also have this problem. I have 10 as the number to be saved. All listed are old. Once in awhile a new one will show up. No rhyme nor reason to it. I have seen other posts talking about this issue. I think it is a bug in 15. A pain, but I have just quit using it.

I guess I'll go back to using PSE12 until they fix the bug in PSE15. I'll keep looking for an answer and if I find one, I'll let you know.

Found this supposed fix, but I can't find the %appdata% nor the Editor folder:

1)Press window+rR

2)Write %appdata% and OK

3)Go to Adobe\Photoshop Elements\15.0

4)Rename the folder 'Editor' to 'Editor_old'

5)Launch the application again.

This is the link https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/open-recently-edited-file-list

You can find the AppData subfolder here:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData

I still can't find it. So I'm not going to worry about it. Hopefully Adobe will fix this bug sometime in the not too distant future. In the future, I'll just go to my computer and open the file from there.

Sounds like your files may be hidden. To make visible: in the top toolbar in the view tab, go to options and chose folder options. click on view and scroll down to hidden files and folders. Make sure to check "show hidden files, etc" and apply. Then go to C:\users\yourname\appdata\roaming\adobe\photoshopelements\15. That will put you in the elements 15 folder. Hope this helps.

Archived