Project Life 2017

April Showers

On 2/5/2017 at 1:17 AM, Ngaire said:

On 2/4/2017 at 9:34 PM, MariJ said:

Well, I've decided to join the party!

I’ve wanted to get back to Project Life, but wasn’t sure how to plan it out and wanted to use Costco’s 8.5 x 11 book printing but was wary of scrapping in that size. I was intrigued with Susie Roberts “Daily Life Templates” and watched the videos, but still wasn’t sure until I’ve seen how impressively Ngaire’s been using them. So I finally dove in and bought them at the last sale and after playing with them I’m glad I did!

What I decided to do was to take each month one at a time and scrap photos and journaling in whatever way suits me and to also do a page of my layouts for the month and just keep adding on through the year. I noticed Jody included her layouts on her PL and I like that idea. So, here is my January 2017 Pg 1 & 2. Layout page #3 is ready but I will post it after a bit not to hog the MB. :)

2017 Jan 1

2017 Jan 2

Oh Marilyn thats awesome!! So pleased that you are joining in. I really enjoyed last years PL and just seeing and getting a small glimpse of getting to know some of you ladies. Ok I'm off to see your pages!!

Thanks April and Ngaire, I'm excited! And so far so good - I even uploaded my January pages to a Coscto PhotoBook project and if I can keep it up all year, maybe it won't be such a huge task at the end of the year.

Here's my last for this month -

Jan 3 Layouts

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know if I don't do them right away I won't do them at all. This is my 9th year doing it, so I can't stop now, lol!

This is my 9th year too, but as long as i get the journaling written when it is current, I'm usually good for the year. Getting photos from the girls makes it a little harder for me to do the current week like I used to. I'm still waiting for Annette to send me a photo of Elliott from March of last year. My page for that week has a photo spot with "photo of Elliott goes here" written on it. It wouldn't matter if I didn't want to include things from all the kids whenever I can. At least I'm more than halfway finished with 2016. And Cathrine was editing their Paris photos from November earlier this week. :-)

I'm lucky my kids are still home and I only have to hunt them down around the house to get photos instead of all over the country! But I'm finding they are not too thrilled to have their photos taken anymore...

I'm lucky my kids are still home and I only have to hunt them down around the house to get photos instead of all over the country! But I'm finding they are not too thrilled to have their photos taken anymore...

I have a few years in middle school where Thomas put his hand up to block his face in the shot every single time I'd try to take his photo. :hit-head-with-hammer:

Like this one

Last year - 2016 I planned on doing monthly pages but only finished January and February. I was not happy with the style of the pages I was doing so now with wanting to create monthly pages for 2016 I liked what Ngaire did so much last year I have decided to use the same template she did. I am keeping the pages simple as if they were the type of paper scrapbook pages I did when I first doing paper scrapbooking.

If you would like to see what I have done so far: January 1 and January 2

On 2/28/2017 at 8:15 PM, April Showers said:

I don't have a pretty tracking sheet, but I do have an Excel Spreadsheet. I've taken a screenshot of it so you can see your progress (and let me know if I've missed anything). You have to click on it to get it to a readable size.

attachicon.gif2017_2_28_Tracker.jpg

Thanks April, very cool! Looks like we have a good sized group going here. :)

I'd better get cracking on February - this is a short month!

:rofl: All of the calendars on my February pages have 30 days! Will edit and reload. :hit-head-with-hammer:

Whoops! When I was getting ready to print my album from 2015, I noticed I'd put 2016 some of the dates. Well, it was the current year when I was doing them. Great that you're staying up to date!

February is done! Kudos to all of you scrapping weekly! I'm going off MariJ's idea of the 8.5x11 horizontal pages, and Susie Robert's templates made this a snap. Now I have to go back and redo January to fit the format. February 1 and February 2.

I'm doing this as a way of making time to reflect back on each month, and I realized how helpful pictures are to this process. I know . . DUH! But I have gotten very lax about pictures lately, trying not to be one of those people making everything a photo op. Yet I realize that I DO want to capture more moments, and especially want to capture memories of people I love. :)

I'm beginning to see a pattern in my pages, lots of grandchildren photos :blush: perhaps I had better focus on some other things that happen in my life :giggle_bear:week 9

But there is nothing better than grand kids ... unless maybe your kids are still small. Now since none of my tech savy grand kids is here to help me can someone refresh my memory on how to link to the gallery? Thanks.

On 3/5/2017 at 10:45 PM, Scrapin Pat said:

On 3/5/2017 at 3:39 PM, Ngaire said:

I'm beginning to see a pattern in my pages, lots of grandchildren photos :blush: perhaps I had better focus on some other things that happen in my life :giggle_bear:week 9

But there is nothing better than grand kids ... unless maybe your kids are still small. Now since none of my tech savy grand kids is here to help me can someone refresh my memory on how to link to the gallery? Thanks.

Hi Pat,

First go to your posted layout page and copy its web link at the top of the page.

Then, come back here to the thread and type the title of your page like "February Project Life" in a post like this.

Highlight your title and then click the "link" icon above in this dialog box -- it's the 9th from left and looks like a chain link.

Paste your previoiusly copied link into tge box that comes up where it says URL; hit ok and then "post".

Your link should work!

Hope I'm not too confusing! :)

On 3/5/2017 at 3:39 PM, Ngaire said:

What's more important than Grandparents and kids! I love seeing those sweet smiling faces, but I also have enjoyed your gorgeous scenery and the workings of your daily life with the animals and outdoor life! I love learning about and seeing NZ.

And, just think - when those Grands grow up they can look back and reminisce on their early lives with you! :)

Archived