Project Life 2017

April Showers

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is Week 8

Curiosity question. How important do you think continuity is in your album? I used Susie Roberts Daily Life Templates and really like the stitching and am resisting the temptation to go back and do the previous ones over so they have the stitching as well. But that's a lot of time and maybe its ok to not be consistent or change as you go along. What do you think?

Pat I would do what makes you happy. If you want to go over and stitch the earlier ones do it, but I don't think that they will be ruined if you don't. :) Continuity is up to you. If you feel it will really annoy you when you go to have them printed then change them but I think that people will be so over whelmed by your work, they are not going to notice some missing stitching. It really is up to what you like. I think your work has been awesome, like really awesome!! :wub: That just my humble opinion though B)

PS I just went and had a look at your earlier pages and I don't think it really would take that long to put the stitching in if you wanted to. Suzie has made the stitching so easy to use. You would only have nine layouts to do, thats not too many out of 52 :daisy:

On 3/10/2017 at 11:39 PM, Scrapin Pat said:

Here is Week 8

Curiosity question. How important do you think continuity is in your album? I used Susie Roberts Daily Life Templates and really like the stitching and am resisting the temptation to go back and do the previous ones over so they have the stitching as well. But that's a lot of time and maybe its ok to not be consistent or change as you go along. What do you think?

I agree with Ngaire to do what makes you happy. I can tell you that I'm usually very big on continuity, but when I did Project Life a few years ago I used a different template, format, collection, colors, etc etc for each week and liked it fine. I surprised myself that I didn't mind each week not "matching" and being totally different.

Funny thing is I tried using the stitching on my first month now, but when I added the extra modules had trouble so never did. Then, when I saw your last layout, I loved the stitching and reconsidered going back and trying to put them onto all of mine!

I have just finished an online class that is aimed at the story telling aspect of Project Life. The person who did it uses divided page protectors so you literally fill in the pockets - not so much digital. So she has a nice ringed binder and is doing 12 x 12 so the idea of inserts fits nicely. This wouldn't be feasible in a book printed elsewhere. But this year I am using a post bound 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 (you would not believe what a difference that half inch makes) and printing at home.

I think this might be nice if you have a longer story or extra pictures or want to tell an older story. There are so many stories I heard growing up and although I hope to scrap them someday I may never get at all of it. So this intrigues me. I did find a page protector 3 x 8 but had to punch new holes to make it fit in the book. Not sure about it yet but thought I'd share in case anyone else finds the idea intriguing. My insert is posted here in the gallery.

Week 7 insert

Pat I like the sound of that idea but I'm not sure that I would get this done. Takes me all my effort just to get the one page done for the week. :-) But it is a great idea and I really like the story you told of how your sister got her name Candy!!

I am so impressed with how many of you are still caught up (and are really close) this year!

I'll be posting the quarterly drawing winner when I post the Weekly Winners thread (late) Monday. I'll be driving all day, so if I forget, feel free to nag me! I still haven't managed to get this week's post up.

On 4/1/2017 at 0:49 PM, April Showers said:

And here is what my spreadsheet looks like. Let me know if I missed anything!

Click on it and it will open so you can actually read it. :)

attachicon.gif2017_3_31_Tracker.jpg

I know I can't win anything, but I had 3 pages for January! Thanks April. Sure is a nice group doing this together. :)

I track the date the page was posted, not the dates of the layout for the top tracker. So if you posted your January layouts in February, they count for that month.

The lower spreadsheet shows whether a layout was done for a particular month. And team members can win the second challenge for completing the whole year!

I think I'm caught up as I just posted March layouts: March 1 and March 2. Funny, I had these basically done by March 18, except for the recital photos, but didn't post till yesterday. Oh well, done is done. I continue to have fun with this, and to be impressed with those of you who are scrapping your weeks. I notice myself feeling less like "where did the month go" because I spent some time remembering.

I track the date the page was posted, not the dates of the layout for the top tracker. So if you posted your January layouts in February, they count for that month.

The lower spreadsheet shows whether a layout was done for a particular month. And team members can win the second challenge for completing the whole year!

Ahhhh.. Gotcha. So, I'm always going to be a month "behind" since I don't scrap the month until after it's completed! :D

Its quite difficult journaling and choosing photos for a month on only 2 pages but I'm determined most months will be only 2 pages :)

March #1

March #2

Unfortunately at this time, I could probably fit 6 months on one page. DoingProject Life might prod me into taking more pics. :)

Archived