Project Life 2017

April Showers

Wondering how everyone prints out their project life?  I have a number of years in the computer at various stages of completion but never printed.  When I have printed in the past it's been at home. (8 1/2 x 8 1/2 is my favorite book size but I know of only one vendor that has that scrapbook size and plastic sleeves so no doubt it will someday go away) Has anyone had them printed in a hard or soft covered book?  I look at places like Blurb and Shutterfly but it doesn't appear that you can post the whole layout to the books just make your pages on their website.  Anyone tried printing with success?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can post whole pages in Shutterfly albums. I have done 3 there, and the latest is on its way this week. Click on "all Styles" and it will show all the different layouts. Scroll through the album options, and at the very bottom, you can choose Digiscrap. This is what you'll see after you select it. There is a sale right now that is reflected in the pricing that shows. There is a link to get the page specs for the albums. When I create my pages, I add guides at the bleed lines on all four sides of the layout. I extend the papers to the edges, but I make sure my embellishments and photos fall within the guide.

Screenshot 2017-07-17 11.10.31.png

Once you've passed the 20 page mark, you will have to add more pages. You'll need to select the solid page layout for each additional page, but it is pretty painless.

Screenshot 2017-07-17 11.12.02.png

There are lots of other options out there, but I've been happy with the quality of the books and I love that you can stack coupons there. I do hard  cover 12x12 books with a matte cover. I don't pay extra for the lay flat pages.

Do you have Costco Membership or know someone that does?  I just LOVE their quality, printing and price!   And 11x 8.5 book is $17.99 and additional pages (up to 100 pages!) are only 79 CENTS if I remember correctly.   Their quality is excellent, I've been extremely happy with any book I've had printed there.

Their interface is easy enough to follow and under the page layouts, you just choose whole page or one large photo - I forget what they call it - in order to upload your entire layout.

Plus, they will deliver the book to any Costco you want - saving yourself shipping.   :) 

3 hours ago, April Showers said:

There are lots of other options out there, but I've been happy with the quality of the books and I love that you can stack coupons there. I do hard  cover 12x12 books with a matte cover. I don't pay extra for the lay flat pages.

So April you mean by stack coupons you can use more than one?  How do you do that, I stopped using Shutterfly a while ago because it was too expensive and one coupon seemed eaten up by shipping.

Might feel differently if I can use more than one coupon on an order!  

10 minutes ago, MariJ said:

So April you mean by stack coupons you can use more than one?  How do you do that, I stopped using Shutterfly a while ago because it was too expensive and one coupon seemed eaten up by shipping.

Might feel differently if I can use more than one coupon on an order!  

Yes, Shutterfly lets you use more than one coupon. I had a 40% off coupon and an unlimited free pages coupon. The only coupon it didn't let me add on was the shipping one. And I've used a $10 off and a $20 off together before too. My girls give me the coupons they get in the hospital when they deliver. ;) My last book with shipping and 45 extra pages was about $50 because I didn't find the $20 gift code until after I ordered. In the past, I have stacked other coupons as well. I think that is the reason they're popular. :)

I'm sticking one toe into the project, but not uploading yet. I am so private, and these two years are all about health, so we will see. I did the July page, just photos at the top of an 81/2 x 11 page and journaling at the bottom. It looks pretty good, although not too many photos. When I journal, I write too much. I admire the way all of you are doing this. Maybe I'll eventually do one of my family growing up. :)

2 hours ago, jenrou said:

I'm sticking one toe into the project, but not uploading yet. I am so private, and these two years are all about health, so we will see. I did the July page, just photos at the top of an 81/2 x 11 page and journaling at the bottom. It looks pretty good, although not too many photos. When I journal, I write too much. I admire the way all of you are doing this. Maybe I'll eventually do one of my family growing up. :)

Good for you, Jean!  And this is all so personal you could never "write too much" or have not too many photos - whatever you do is perfect since they are your pages and life! And, if you look through the Gallery there are many different ways each of us are doing our pages.  And, some do monthly, some weekly, etc, it's totally up to you.  I like your idea of a book of your family growing up and no worries about posting as long as you feel good about it.   :) 

Just now, MariJ said:

I like the way they look Jean!  You did a great job and start. :) 

I wrote a note to you in the comments section of my layout, saying I hope you didn't mind my copying your idea. It's a great idea. Thanks! :wub:

Just now, jenrou said:

I wrote a note to you in the comments section of my layout, saying I hope you didn't mind my copying your idea. It's a great idea. Thanks! :wub:

Heehee and I just answered you!  I'm getting notifications, this is almost like a chat! :D

Week 23

OK I think I am back on track.  I finally gave in to the impulse to go back and use Susie Roberts stitching on all my layouts which lead to adjusting a lay out or two ... gee hate being perfectionistic.  For me its more about capturing our story than the scrapping but ... I love the stitching and wanted that consistency.  

So I am officially up to June and on my way to fully catching up :)

On 7/9/2017 at 0:10 AM, April Showers said:

Okay, I'm getting caught up on things. The winner for the 2nd quarter is posted in this weeks (late) Weekly Winners thread.

Here is the chart. Hopefully I haven't missed too much. The top chart tracks how many layouts you've posted in a certain month for the quarterly drawings. The bottom chart tracks whether you've done a layout for a specific month for the year end prize.

2017_7_8_Tracker.jpg

The winners are highlighted. Let me know if you have any questions or if I missed any of your pages!

Oh my gosh, I never saw this!

So, I didn't post any of my PL layouts last year because most of them were completed this year. :blush:
I've posted the first two weeks of January Week 1 Week 2

Here is the updated tracking sheet. The top chart shows how many layouts you posted each month - up to 4. The second chart shows the months of the year you've completed at least one layout for. The chart will enlarge if you click on it.
2017_8_1_Tracker.jpg

Archived