Making Clusters

Cropalot

Angie covers how she does clusters in this article Layout Design Process: Angie Briggs

When I was first learning to do clusters, I'd take the ready made ones, like Angies or Amandas, and then "recreate" it using the embellishments from the collection I was using. I'd open it in Photoshop, then drag in my embellishments and resize and layer them like the sample. Kind of like a cluster scrap-lift. :D

I did the same thing April!!! Now, I just start layering things and moving/resizing until it looks like I want...but seriously, studying the other clusters and recreating like April mentioned is an awesome way to learn!

I agree, studying other people's clusters is the best way to start. Figure out what shape works for your space, choose a few sizes of elements and different types - flowers, ribbons, greenery are my favorites. And as someone said an odd number of the biggest elements works really well

Also keep in mind to shadow your individual layers ... remember you are "stacking" and so shadow depths will be different as you layer up.

Archived