Bending or warping text?

Mikelle

In an LO I just posted last night, I used a pre-lifted paper strip that came with its own shadow (VRA_Batik_Emb_PaperStrip1). I made a text layer on top of the paper strip, but it doesn't look real because the text is straight, not curved and lifted like the paper. How do I manipulate text layers to look like they are actually printed and warped or lifted in the same way as the paper?

So you can see what I mean, my LO is: A Snow Day for Cats

Sorry, forgot to mention I use Photoshop CS6.

I use CS5, so I don't know if it is the same in your program, but when using the text tool, there is a warp text option next to the color, justification and font size box (in a tool bar across the top). There maybe something in there to warp your text just a bit.

I use CS5, so I don't know if it is the same in your program, but when using the text tool, there is a warp text option next to the color, justification and font size box (in a tool bar across the top). There maybe something in there to warp your text just a bit.

Well, that will be amusing if it's just that easy!! I'll try that in a bit... thank you!

Jennifer has this SS Action - Natural Text -- that might do what you want.

I couldn't use it because I work in PSE, but I think you probably can! :)

I think it makes your text look like it's on the actual paper. So if it's wrinkled, creased, etc your text will look like that and that it's laying right on the paper.

Mikelle, the action that Marilyn suggests would be a good one for you to have in your stash.

You can rasterize your text and then manipulate it more easily. But I would do a copy - hide the copy and rasterize the original just in case you do not like the results. I do a lot of copying and hiding.

Mikelle, the action that Marilyn suggests would be a good one for you to have in your stash.

You can rasterize your text and then manipulate it more easily. But I would do a copy - hide the copy and rasterize the original just in case you do not like the results. I do a lot of copying and hiding.

Thank you - I did go buy Jennifer's action. And, I've been duplicating layers and then hiding them a lot more lately... it's a great tip and saves much back-tracking!

Jennifer has this SS Action - Natural Text -- that might do what you want.

I couldn't use it because I work in PSE, but I think you probably can! :)

I think it makes your text look like it's on the actual paper. So if it's wrinkled, creased, etc your text will look like that and that it's laying right on the paper.

Thank you, I just bought it! I'll play with it tomorrow. I think it will help with my text in a lot of situations.

Archived