Messages to Jody's Family

MariJ

Jody West was a treasured part of our ScrapGirls’ community and adored and very missed by all. Since learning of her death so many ScrapGirls have expressed a desire to send sympathy and tributes to Jody’s family that I thought I’d create a public place where they could be written and read directly.

Please leave your stories, remembrances, thoughts or any comments for our amazing ScrapGirl friend Jody’s family here on this thread.
Thanks.

Jody had an amazing combination of creativity and talent and her thought process was mind-boggling. Never was there a scrapping problem that she couldn’t figure out and often we were sending layouts and ideas back and forth from halfway across the world. Even not feeling well, she was always willing to help. Looking through her Gallery brings back sweet memories of our discussions as we were scrapping together. Becoming dear friends was a great gift as was my visit to meet and attend her wedding in Australia.

Sending hugs and sympathy to Darren, Aidan, Callan and Jody’s family.

We miss her here. xo

Jody was so much fun to have in chats! She was funny and made everyone feel relaxed. I have two daughters about the same ages as Callan and Aiden, so we often joked about trading kids so she could have a chance at having girls and I could have a chance at having boys! At the time, we were living near Washington D.C. so I could take the boys to all the landmarks and the girls could see all Australia has to offer. Every chat we attended together, she would ask when that trade was happening!

Darren, Aiden and Callan, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you grieve. And I want to thank you for sharing your precious wife and mum with us. She has truly touched us all.

I was always amazed by her talent, she had her way of making you think about what it was you were creating. She was bringing out the best in all of us

I shared several personal messages with Jody around our own personal life experiences, I will always be grateful and thankful for that, she was truly a remarkable woman.

My sympathy and hugs go to you Darren, Aidan and Callan and Jody's family. May you find comfort in the days to come, for the love that Jody had for you all shines in you forever.

God bless x

I adored Jody. She was always there with a kind word no matter how mediocre I thought my work was. She brought a special kind of sunshine to all our lives and she is greatly missed. My love and prayers go out the all of you - Darren, Aidan, Callan, and the rest of Jody's family and friends.

God bless you and comfort you.

As I was not always active here at Scrap Girls, I did not get the opportunity to get to know Jody as well as the others did. I do remember taking part in chats that she co-hosted with Marilyn and it was good to have a fellow Aussie to chat to.

Her artwork was and always will be inspiring.

My love and prayers go out to those who are grieving for Jody. May your time of grief be short...... Memories keep those we love close forever.

R.I.P. Jody. You will be sorely missed by your ScrapGirl family & friends.

Jody was such a creative & talented artist who expressed the love of her family through her beautiful artwork. It was always fun to interact with Jody during chats. Her ability to simplify instructions for layouts and techniques was amazing. She was always willing to help out with any problem and would often send private messages.

Also Jody was very supportive of me when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. She was an invaluable support and it was wonderful to be able to talk to to her. I was very disappointed that I didn't get to meet Jody and her family on their trip to Queensland.

To Darren, Callan, Aiden & the extended family, I send my deepest sympathy. You have some lovely artworks to help you remember such a wonderful & talented wife, mother, daughter and friend.

Rest in peace Jody.

A few years ago, I asked for some ideas and feedback on a project I was working on. Jodi emailed back and forth with me for about a week, freely offering her fresh perspective, sprinkled with her unique sense of humor. She was just such a terrific, generous, creative soul. Continued prayers for her husband and sons for peace and comfort in their many memories.

One of life’s universal and unavoidable experiences is to lose someone we love. And when it comes for a loved one, our whole world can change in an instant, and we may wonder how we can ever go on. Because we know heartache and pain, we also know love and joy. And it just so happens that often the more our hearts are broken with pain, the more open they tend to be, and thus more able to receive and give love. Such love never dies. It goes on and on.

I consider Jody as one of my very best friends in the world. We used to joke that we were 'kindred spirits" - our almost daily chats on Skype, or texts were always a bright spot in my day. She somehow knew how I felt before I knew. She was always so strong and witty, and we shared many 'secrets' and our artistic expression. (She always knew how to do things digital.) She loved her boys, and Darren, and her family were always so dear to her. I wish her boys, Darren and her family many years of happy memories, and comfort in knowing she lived for you all. She was truly loved and appreciated.

The one thing about Jody that was most apparent to me was her immense love for her boys: Aiden, Callen and Darren, too. They were like the fires burning in her soul. I admired her for making those of us half way around the world understand that quite clearly. She "wow'ed" me with her creativity, her ability to put her heart and soul into such beautiful words in a scrapbook, and now her loved ones have those treasures to cherish forever.

I thank God for sending such a special friend to us. She made us laugh, sometimes she made us cry, sometimes she made us dig deep and to think beyond. I will miss this beautiful young woman we knew as Jody and treasure the things I learned from her.

I send my deepest sympathy to Aiden, Callen and Darren as well as the rest of her family and her dear friends during what can be such a difficult time of grief. Wrap your arms around each other like she would do for you and bask in the memories of her deep love for you. May God comfort you . . .

Laura

Jody helped me many times, and was always cheerful and funny. She loved the boys and Darron so fiercely in the time she had. She was a star and shone brightly for all of us. To everyone who loved Jody, remember her love for you, and may you soon have comfort and peace.

I always chuckled and identified with her "fight like a girl" attitude.

I didn't know Jody as much as many of the others here did. I remember the fun chats she did with Marilyn. Jody was always kind, supportive and helpful. I admire her creativity, she makes it looks so easy. It's because of her that I gave art journaling a try.

I can't imagine losing the love of my life so early in life. I'm not a religious person but I have to believe that although Jody may be gone she is with us in our hearts, our memories and with us in spirit. I hope all these little messages bring a tad of comfort to Darren and the boys. To know that Jody met so much to so many people in so many far off places. Try to stay strong for each other. Know that we are praying and lifting you up with peace and comfort. To Callen and Aiden from reading about you in Marilyn's blog when she came to visit you are fine young men. Remember your mum will always be with you no matter what. Keep her in your heart, make her proud as you continue to go through life.

God Bless Jody, Darren, Callen, Aiden and all who loved her.

I loved seeing her LOs of her boys, all three of them (this includes the one she married of course)! And because of her very artistic abilities I could just sense a LO was hers and then I would check the name to make sure it was hers or just seeing the photos of her boys I knew it was her work. I loved her LOs that I often scrap lifted them or copied something that she made. She had so much fun and made it fun for us. We were all excited to see the wedding date approach and see the pictures that Marilyn took of the wedding made it possible for all of us to be a part of her special day. She was uniquely Jody and she made us all richer, thank you so much for sharing her with us--bless you -trust in God to bring you through this. We all love you!

I feel very lucky to have known Jody.I first met her at an AJ chat and I was inspired by her creative ability. Not only was she a creative artist she was a kind soul. She helped me many times with techniques I wanted to do and offered to help anytime with anything. One time she even answered a question that she received at night and she got up to use the bathroom. She gave of herself and encouraged others to spread their wings in a creative way to fly.

Last April when she was getting married she told me about it then she sent me photos of her gown and reception location at her Aunt's. Since I am a retired seamstress I said if I was closer I would have done her alterations...well you would have thought I offered her the moon she was so grateful for the thought. All during the arrangements she would send me notes about this or that so I was so excited for her. She wanted to involve the boys since they are such a big part of her life. She made the wedding a family event. Then when Marilyn went I was so happy for both of them. After the wedding she was in touch many times telling me what was happening because she was in hospital and couldn't sleep. She still had the helpful spirit and always asked about my stuff while she was struggling just to live.

The world lost a special lady.

No words can express how I really feel.

I am so sorry for you loss Darren, Aiden and Callan

Jody West was a treasured part of our ScrapGirls’ community and adored and very missed by all. Since learning of her death so many ScrapGirls have expressed a desire to send sympathy and tributes to Jody’s family that I thought I’d create a public place where they could be written and read directly.

Please leave your stories, remembrances, thoughts or any comments for our amazing ScrapGirl friend Jody’s family here on this thread.
Thanks.

What a great thing to do Marilyn. I am so sorry that you lost your close friend.

Jody was a sweet, lovable, and very funny person. She was always willing to help out with any questions that you asked. Her artistic ability was fabulous and she shared so much of herself with us. We all miss her terribly and my sympathy and hugs go to you Darren, Aidan and Callan.

Jody was a master of digital scrap booking and such an inspiration in the AJ class with Marilyn. I first got to know Jody when I did a swap crop with her and had the privilege of scrapping a wonderful photo taken of her and the boys, I felt honored that she liked it especially as her LO's were so good.

Jody was never afraid to scrap her feelings on her LO's which encouraged me with my journaling.

Jody will be sorely missed here among her Scrap Girls friends but her creativeness and inspiration lives on through what she gave us.

Hugs and prayers to Darren Aiden and Callen as you cope with the loss of a wife and mother.

please, when you are able put all her LOs in books for your family to look at over and over, I imagine the boys will always treasure this. truly, Bonnie

Jody's creativity always awed me she had such an amazing fun style. I loved seeing her pages; especially the ones with her boys and husband. I am so very sad she has passed I am thinking of her often and I will continue to be a part of raising money for Cancer research in hopes that it helps to save other family's this pain. Hugs from me to your family.

Jody was always friendly, fun, and willing to help others when they needed it. She was a talented artist and created beautiful scrapbook pages as well as great scrapping tutorials. She is going to be greatly missed.

Sending prayers and warm hugs to her family.

• 2 weeks later...

Jody was such a wonderful part of Scrapgirls. She has an awesome talent but more important, she was always ready and eager to offer help, whether with a technical issue or a personal one. We will all miss her so much. But not as much as her dear family. I pray that you can comfort each other as you grieve. She was a special lady.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the first time I met Jody…I didn’t know much about digital scrapbooking and even less about journaling. I saw a post announcing a SG Chat that was about journaling and thought I would stop in. As soon as I entered the chat area Jody and Marilyn greeted me like I had been coming to the chat area for months. The truth was, it was my very first time and I never felt as welcomed as I did that day by Jody and Marilyn. I must admit the speed in the chat room had me looking like a deer caught up in headlights! All of a sudden I got a private message from Jody asking if I was okay because I wasn’t participating. When I explained I was a quadriplegic as a result of a car accident and I had to use a mouthstick to type one letter at a time she said “don’t worry because we are here to help each other”.

Those 10 words she spoke that day epitomized the type of person Jody was and how she was always kind, supportive and helpful. I admire her creativity, her mastery of the different types of software and her ability to simplify instructions regarding different techniques she used in creating her layouts. Jody inspired me to think “outside the box” and to have fun when creating layouts.

To Darren, Callen, Aiden and Jody’s Friends may you find some comfort in these words by David Harkins.

Remember Me

Do not shed tears when I have gone but smile instead because I have lived.
Do not shut your eyes and pray to God that I'll come back but open your eyes and see all that I have left behind.
I know your heart will be empty because you cannot see me but still I want you to be full of the love we shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live only for yesterday or you can be happy for tomorrow because of what happened between us yesterday.
You can remember me and grieve that I have gone or you can cherish my memory and let it live on.
You can cry and lose yourself, become distraught and turn your back on the world or you can do what I want - smile, wipe away the tears, learn to love again and go on.

Archived