Feedback

The two photos in the title page both have a touch of red so I would suggest you add a third bit of red on that page. If you like doing clusters I would do a red themed cluster in the lower right corner of the other page.

Have you you got a piece of holly with red berries as that would go with the trees. Or a red cardinal bird.

If you do not want to add an embellishment to the first page can you change the title words to red. The page with the snowman tree, embellishments on it would go well with the fun tree.

Have you you got a piece of holly with red berries as that would go with the trees. Or a red cardinal bird.

If you do not want to add an embellishment to the first page can you change the title words to red. The page with the snowman tree, embellishments on it would go well with the fun tree.

I was wondering about a branch with berries, also maybe an ornament.....

On the second page, you could add that pop of red by letting the red color show on the snowman's scarf, hat, and mitts.

That would be a perfect idea,,,,but the photo came to me in black and white.... I tried filling a selection of mitt with red....looks a little harsh. It takes away from the fabric! ugh....that would have been perfect. I have this photo...but would be a real pain to try to extract it!!

post-7357-0-75243900-1485881727_thumb.jpg

If the person who sent you the B/W photo has the original, can you ask for that?

Otherwise, you recolor using blend modes, so you don't lose the texture of the material. I recall there is a Scrapgirls tutorial on recoloring. I'll have a look... unless you find it first!

Hmm, I looked in Blogs for tutorials and couldn't find the one with the method I'm thinking of.

On a new layer, use a red brush to cover the scarf. Don't try to be perfect - you can use the eraser tool later to tidy it up. Now apply a blend mode.

Archived