February 2017 - Use Your stash Month

ValerieT

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could say that I can't upload either but that would be fibbing, I haven't even started my card yet!! :blush:

Ngaire you started my day off with a laugh! :D

I just tried, upload still not working, we will have lots to look at once the Gallery gets going again!

I could say that I can't upload either but that would be fibbing, I haven't even started my card yet!! :blush:

My card is started-but I can't seem to get it finished. I don't like it one little bit............

Always issues when moving things like the forum around...hopefully they are sorted out or will be quickly!

February 23

As digital scrappers we tend to collect three items more than most. You may be a style junkie. You maybe a brush junkie. You maybe a font junkie. Of course you maybe afflicted by all three. :D

Start a new layout in your preferred size. You may add as many photos, papers and embellishments as you wish.

Today add three different brushes. They can be from the same set but they must all be visible.

Find out tomorrow how many styles you need to use.

Hello, my name is Florida Granny. I'm a brush junkie. Um... and also a font junkie. Um... Ok... I admit it: I'm a style junkie, too. :embarrassed003:

You have come to the right support group errr uhhh um..enabling group!

I thought the same thing Diane. However, don't use brushes very often. Ohhhh...I have LOTS of brushes, just don't use them. Styles are my first love of digital scrapping!

This subject may be off topic at the moment-but I bought some cards for all the birthdays we have coming up (my printer is pouting right now.) and found some interesting ways to do cards. They are making them like we do, with a front design glued to a folded card. Then they are glueing an inside folded paper printed with the message. That is easier than trying to print on all sides. Some of the cards are printed bold colored events or figures (like a silhouette of a boy riding a bicycle, with no detail.) I got one with two figures doing sports, just collaged, like an art journal type of thing. I like it!

So during our down time, I've made several "fronts" to get printed since I already have folded cards and envelopes.

DH tells me I can't possibly use all the things I have bought. How does he know? I've given it a darn good go but (as much as I hate to say it) I think he may be right. My addiction seems to be styles & templates but hmmmmm! I seem to have lots of collections & brushes too. Off to start this task.

This subject may be off topic at the moment-but I bought some cards for all the birthdays we have coming up (my printer is pouting right now.) and found some interesting ways to do cards. They are making them like we do, with a front design glued to a folded card. Then they are glueing an inside folded paper printed with the message. That is easier than trying to print on all sides. Some of the cards are printed bold colored events or figures (like a silhouette of a boy riding a bicycle, with no detail.) I got one with two figures doing sports, just collaged, like an art journal type of thing. I like it!

So during our down time, I've made several "fronts" to get printed since I already have folded cards and envelopes.

Oh, that's interesting and some great ideas, Jean. I was trying to think of how not to have to print an inside while still looking "professinal, I like the inside folded paper idea.

And, I laughed at your printer pouting. :rofl: So funny!

Brushes just aren't my thing at all. I've found 3 to go with my 6 photos but I'm struggling to know where to put them.

I really love these challenges - they make me think!

A Good place to put some them is peeking out from behind your photos. Especially if you are being forced to use them :monstercry:

Style junkie for sure, and I have lots of brushes but have only just started thinking of ways to use them... lately to grunge up my backgrounds. I also just discovered fonts, and finally figured out how to load them, so I bought several new fonts last month. And actions... and collections... and Nanos... and... and...

This is why DH bought me a huge EHD for Valentine's Day!!!

Ok I'm not fibbing now, I have finished my card but haven't tried to upload, will wait till someone else makes the break through!! :blush:

I still have my beach AJ ATC to upload so you are ahead of me, Ngaire! I do have a card done and ready to upload as well but as of two minutes ago still no luck uploading!

Oh, that's interesting and some great ideas, Jean. I was trying to think of how not to have to print an inside while still looking "professinal, I like the inside folded paper idea.

I use this method a lot, Jean. You can also design the inside of your card in PS on an 8.5 x 11 and use guide lines dividing your paper in half horizontally and vertically giving you four sections. You can use the same design and sentiment (or different ones, your choice) centered in the quarters and print and cut and have 4 card "innards" to tack on the inside of four cards. It is fun to use different types of paper on the inside ... I like to use vellum a lot. It is also cool to use a design or element from an SG collection to coordinate with the outside of the card you have designed. Often I lower the opacity of the background design so it is just visible and then type the sentiment over top of it. Other times I will just coordinate the design in with the sentiment. Here is one example from a masculine Birthday card I made quite awhile ago using Brandy Murry's Outdoor Life collection: Wish Big

I use this method a lot, Jean. You can also design the inside of your card in PS on an 8.5 x 11 and use guide lines dividing your paper in half horizontally and vertically giving you four sections. You can use the same design and sentiment (or different ones, your choice) centered in the quarters and print and cut and have 4 card "innards" to tack on the inside of four cards. It is fun to use different types of paper on the inside ... I like to use vellum a lot. It is also cool to use a design or element from an SG collection to coordinate with the outside of the card you have designed. Often I lower the opacity of the background design so it is just visible and then type the sentiment over top of it. Other times I will just coordinate the design in with the sentiment. Here is one example from a masculine Birthday card I made quite awhile ago using Brandy Murry's Outdoor Life collection: Wish Big

When I read this Jean-I immediately thought of Lei-she makes amazing cards and does this technique quite effectively!!

When I read this Jean-I immediately thought of Lei-she makes amazing cards and does this technique quite effectively!!

Yes, Lei is tops with cards. I keep a copy of her tutorials handy. :)

So here is my card.... waiting patiently for the forum to be 'fixed' but I thought I'd share it here in the meantime.

Pretty, Andrea!

Archived