February 2017 - Use Your stash Month

ValerieT

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I printed out my card and distressed it a bit and put a dark paper behind it. I'll take a picture of it and post that soon.

Can't wait to see it!!

Looks like the gallery is up and running again! Your cards look fantastic ladies!!

I think it would be fun if we would share our favorite brush, style and/or font while we are finishing up our layouts today. Do you have a go to in any of those? Or a fun new one you are ready to try?

I have a couple of new styles I haven't used yet. (Gasp!!) Fonts-do you ever feel like you don't have the "right one" even though you have hundreds? (Surely it's not just me!)

I haven't started this yet, but will work on it today. My favorite brushes are grunge brushes, adding some texture and interest to the backgrounds of LOs.

I'm with Carla; I love brushes that add a bit of texture to the background. Or that I can tuck behind a frame or add to a background to look like a very subtle embellishment. One of my favorites is Amanda Fraijo-Tobin's Sketchy Butterflies which looks great at low opacity behind a butterfly embellishment. (All her brushes are great, IMHO). :)

My Family We are all scattered so this is the last time we were all together at once.

Thanks to all of you organizing this February game. It's fun. :D

I like all of the fonts, styles, and brushes. I especially like things I can use with photos to group with a photo to make clusters. I also love any kind of overlay type of brush. I love so many it's hard to say which is my favorite. Of course I use shadow styles with everything. In this layout I got my inspiration from a template but changed everything.

Archived