Organizing Word Art?

chattycat89

Hi everyone! I've spent the last few days further sorting the larger folders in my pretty large supply stash & am down to my last category...Word Art. So far, I've sorted it into pretty generic individual holidays, birthdays, etc. (as in 'if-Hallmark-makes-a-card-for-it-I've-made-a-folder-for-it') but my stash of words & quotes is still ginormous & takes forever to scroll through so I'm looking for some suggestions or ideas on how to further sort all those individual words & inspirational quotes & such. Other than maybe separating them into "single word" and "multiple words" folders, I'm at a loss how to break these up so if anyone has a system they find helpful, I'd LOVE to hear it.

Thanks!

I don't know what you can do. One thing I have found helpful is to do a search on a word, like valentine. But sounds like you are taking care of that with your folders. Hmm, I'll keep an eye on this spot. Maybe someone has a wonderful system they will share.

I sorted mine alphabetically with a folder for each letter and additional folders for "love" related words or "time" related words. I use Picassa now and those folders are largely redundant as I can search for any word I want and if I have it, Picassa will find it in my stash. HTH.

I sorted mine alphabetically with a folder for each letter and additional folders for "love" related words or "time" related words. I use Picassa now and those folders are largely redundant as I can search for any word I want and if I have it, Picassa will find it in my stash. HTH.

So does Picassa search the actual text or just the file name?

While sorting, I've found so many things I forgot I had & because it takes so long to scroll & preview the entire folder (I just search in the Windows file explorer when I'm looking for something) I never get to the bottom and I know I've searched a word (again, in file explorer) and had nothing come up because it only searches file names. Making more subfolders for each holiday & common themes (camping, school, etc.) definitely helped reduce the size already but I'm an organizing freak & actually enjoy sorting so it's hard for me to stop. Haha!

In any case, refining my sorting of supplies has shown me 1) I need to randomly go through my files more often to remember all the cool stuff I've already got and 2) *gasp!* It may even be beneficial to maybe lay off the purchasing for a bit since I've got so much I've never even used! LOL!

Thanks, everyone!

Archived