February Recipe Swap 2017

SodScrap

Ladies-please forgive me for being so late in posting! I've been fighting this illness and have tired to lay low to help healing. Not that it seems to be helping...however, yesterday I took the WHOLE day off. I did go to town to the bank an post office, and cooked dinner. Other than that, I was on the couch resting and reading. I'm heading out soon for some much needed errands as well as a medical test. Nothing serious...I'm sure it will just confirm nothing. (which is good and bad!)

When I posted the swap last month we were waiting on an ice storm. Today it's supposed to be 70. Gotta love Missouri weather!

One thing that I have been craving during these months is soup. This month's recipe theme is SOUP! Do you have a favorite home remedy soup? (Hello Chicken Noodle??) I love making soup. Big batches!!

• To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by NOON Tuesday, February 28, 2017
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

Keep up that resting Conda! Hmmmm.. Although yesterday sounds like more than rest. :D I know it's a hard thing to do - but take care of yourself, best you can.

Great recipe topic, it's still cold here in NJ so soup sounds good! But, I hear your MO weather (in the form of 60º temps) is heading our way for the weekend. Yay!

Of course all week it's barely gone above 32º here.

Hi, sorry Linda - I answered on the update and didn't see this until now. We do normally reduce layouts to 72dpi for posting. But, I have to admit that sometimes I'm lazy and try to post recipes at 300dpi and it usually works, maybe because they are smaller than a 12x12 layout.

Hi...I've been trying to upload to the Gallery this morning but am having a problem. I don't post much so I have a question...do I save Recipe card as jpeg @ 300 dpi? Thanks

Marilyn is correct-we usually post .jpeg to the gallery at 4x6 at 72 dpi. The full resolution .jpeg (4x6 at 300 dpi) is what gets submitted for the swap. (LOL Marilyn-I"m not sure I have ever tried uploading the full resolution recipe card...)

I haven't tried to upload yet, so I'm not certain if the gallery is having upload issues or not. Sorry you are having trouble!

Post back and let us know if you continue to have trouble posting/uploading. In the meantime, please don't forget to email the full resolution to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com :) You can also email me if you need additional help.

Hi...I've been trying to upload to the Gallery this morning but am having a problem. I don't post much so I have a question...do I save Recipe card as jpeg @ 300 dpi? Thanks

Marilyn is correct-we usually post .jpeg to the gallery at 4x6 at 72 dpi. The full resolution .jpeg (4x6 at 300 dpi) is what gets submitted for the swap. (LOL Marilyn-I"m not sure I have ever tried uploading the full resolution recipe card...)

I haven't tried to upload yet, so I'm not certain if the gallery is having upload issues or not. Sorry you are having trouble!

Post back and let us know if you continue to have trouble posting/uploading. In the meantime, please don't forget to email the full resolution to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com :) You can also email me if you need additional help.

HeeHee... SHHhhhhhh... I do it when posting ATCs too. It's always worked at 300 dpi except for one recipe when the file was probably bigger!

I guess it's because the actual size is much smaller than a 12x12 page.

Archived