Has anyone used a planner for exercise get healthy goal tracking?

Scrapin Pat

Don't you just love it when an idea pops into your head and you want to do it right now but am not sure how to start? Thats me today. So if any of you have done this please give me some feedback. I have been trying to be more purposeful in setting small exercise goals. As I was coming out of the gym today I had the idea that I could engage my sister in goal setting and keeping each other going and accountable.

My sister just had open heart surgery and I know she will struggle in the recovery phase. She needs something to motivate her that will add a little fun or humor to the situation.

So I am thinking a small 3 ring 5x7 binder of some sort but not sure where to find it. ???? We can both keep them and share them.

Syndees planner templates look like a possibility - has anyone used them?

Do you know anything about printing on sticker paper and making your own stickers? Where do you find that paper? Where I am good at arranging things on my computer and making an end page product look good she won't be able to do that. if she is going to have some stickers and encouraging quotes she can add to her pages I will need to provide them. I think an emoji sticking its tongue out with "this is what I think of my sister today" might be appropriate for her.

Any feedback would be appreciated and of course I need to move fast on the project ... she comes home this week and starts physical therapy in two weeks.

Thanks in advance for the feedback

Hi Pat, such an interesting thread - provoking lots of thought.

When I was injured in a car accident I thought I needed some support which is how I first asked to join the Motivators Thread here. When I told my Physical Therapist she was ALL in favor, saying - it's little things like a check mark (or flower or star!) and a group working together that can be very important and motivating. I have found that to be so true. I mean really - why not just SAY I did my exercises to get marked on the chart (I don't) and WHY does a little marker matter so much? (But, it does). So, I agree with you that it's important for your sister and you to be in contact or reporting to each other, it does make a difference. My PT also started me walking back then because of a concussion - and my sister gave me a FitBit. She has one too and it's funny how we'll still email back and forth telling our steps, somehow it makes it more engaging and doable just to be sharing or teasing who had more steps. So, yes - do it together or in some group, I think that's REALLY helpful and less isolating.

I've never used a journal or planner - to be honest, I've thought about it but it never materialized or I got more involved in the creative and planning-the-planner and not the actual health work. ;) I've used a 5x7 binder for other projects and got mine (and plastic sleeves) at Staples; I just saw some on Amazon HERE. Or, here's my SEARCH.

I recall there being a few SGs who printed and used Syndee's Planner, but can't recall who. I think maybe Kelly was trying to do it, can't remember who else, sorry. Hopefully they will see this thread.

I've seen sticker paper at staples, otherwise you might be able to use the large (like 2" x 3") stickers that are used as name cards? You'd just have to arrange around the spaces in between. I love the sister emoji idea - great one! :D

Actually - here you go -- Sticker Paper Search. Gotta love Amazon. That's a start, you can search further, I saw there were various options.

If it's a hassle getting this all together, you might want to do some sort of online check-in? And, if you want to check out ScrapGirls' Motivators for ideas - here's this month's thread.

Motivators Thread

Hope some of this helps or at least jogs another idea in you! My best to your sister in her rehab.

Hi Pat! When making cards and mini albums I use a Xyron sticker maker. I have both the 5 inch one and the smaller one that is shaped like an X. You can then print on cardstock any embellishment from any of the SG collections, cut them out and run them through the Xyron to make it into a sticker. I see you can buy them through Amazon but they are also at JoAnne's and other craft stores. Also the sticker refills rolls are available at craft and hobby stores.Hope that helps!

Ah, yes, um, I'm still trying. :unsure: I think I need a planner to plan my planner!? lol There was a great article on planners in the newsletter recently. I had saved it but with the server change over I couldn't find it. But I did do a search on the blog and found a few posts about planners. There's one on selecting the right paper which is why I had saved the newsletter article in the first place.

Good luck with your planners and reaching you exercise goals!!

I've never done a planner, but I used to either write down my stats in a little book or on my phone (like time, distance, calories burned etc). Nothing pretty or motivating, just a record to see how I did today compared to yesterday. I haven't joined a gym here, but walk the neighborhood instead. I see Marilyn, Kelly and Lei have given you some good ideas, so I'll just say good luck and that this is a wonderful thing you are doing for your sister!

Synced has some templates ScrapSimple Planner Templates: Color Your World Fit 8.5x11 and brushes Brush Set: Color Your World Fit and a ready made planner collection Color Your World Fit Planner 8.5x11 all geared toward fitness.

Keep us updated and share what you create. It seems we might need some of your inspiration!! :D

I totally have a designated fitness planner! I also make my own stickers, although I don't currently have fitness ones *gasp*.

New product maybe?

I use a personal sized filofax 6 ring album as my fitness planner.

OOOOHH!!! New product, yay! (sounds good to me!) :)

I'm always looking for new ones if I'm making the Motivators Chart any month!

I used a pad of paper that was sort of an undated weekly planner - Sunday through Sat, top to bottom. Each day's slot was about an inch tall and 3 inches wide. I found it in the Michael's impulse buy bins, but I've also seen them at places like Ross and Tuesday Morning. The ones I've seen are pretty, and they're already made, which was a plus for me! And they were cheaper than I could have made them. I love making beautiful things with SG products, but I don't have time to do everything I'd like to...

I'm back . There are some tutorials here - https://scrapgirls.com/category/planners-tutorials/. I'm still getting used to the new site so I've yet to locate it but there was a blog post on February 8th with some planner tips. I think another post is coming soon.

I have been using both a day to day planner and a fitness planner using Syndees Color Your World Planner Products for a while. I reduced the pages to fit into a half size binder (3 ring). Syndee's Color Your World Fit Planner works awesome. There are sticker pages already set up. I print and cut them on my electronic cutter. I prefer a slightly heavier sticker paper (like Cricut brand) but lighter weight paper (like Avery) will work.

Know you will make something awesome! Would love to hear how it goes!

Karen

Archived