Styles loaded into PSE or CS6

scrapgarden

Does anyone know how many is too many when it comes to having styles, (or brushes, patterns etc) installed into PSE15? I have hundreds of styles and want to have more of them available on the fly. I know they can really slow the program down, but I don't know how many that is. Also, are things accumulative, ie lots of patterns, brushes, gradients, textures, etc., also installed slowing down the program. Have been organizing my tools and have found lots of neat things to use! :yippee:

I'd like to know the answer to this question too. Back when I had PSE maybe 8 0r nine on my Mac I installed every style I bought. Which was a lot. It really slowed things down. Also had a lot of brushes installed but my sense was that it was styles that caused the problem. Now I'm using PSE 11 and I haven't had a problem but then I'm more careful about not having more than 20-30 styles on board at one time

My PSE has always slowed if I added very many styles, brushes, or things in Organizer. I guess it depends how much memory you have in your computer or Mac. I keep a few favorites loaded, but mostly keep them in a file "brushes" or "styles" on my desktop and load them as I need them. I think a lot of scrappers do that.

I used to keep them organized, but while I was ill and not scrapping, I didn't copy my brushes and styles into the special files. I am searching in Picasso for "brushes" or styles then placing them in their files.

Archived