Smiles

Can someone explain the term "Card?"

8 posts in this topic

When I watch YouTube videos about hybrid projects done by crafters in the UK or Australia or New Zealand, I hear the term "card." I had assumed it's the same as what we call cardstock in the US. Now I'm wondering if it's a heavier weight? I've been playing around with hybrid albums and journals.

Thanks!

Hi Gayle, I don't know if this will help but I'm in NZ and when I say card I mean a greeting card and when I talk about card stock I mean the cardboard that is used to make a card or a layout. If I heard someone say I'm using 160msg card I would find that unusual. Its usually card stock, cardboard or paper. Thats what I'm aware of but I'm not that sure. HTH

Hi Gayle, Being an Australian, I would assume when they use the term "card" it is the cardstock used for cardmaking and possibly could be pre-scored cardstock ready for making a greeting card. I have been a cardmaker since 1992 and back in the early days I would refer to what I used for cardmaking as "card". It was when I started scrapbooking ( real not digital ) that I started to refer to the Bazill cardstock I was using as "cardstock".

If you aren't sure, leave a comment on the youtube video and ask them. If it's a newer video, they usually respond quickly. Glad to hear you have the hybrid bug!

Isn't it so cool we can have questions like this and get answers from ALL over the world? :)

It will be better if you make a comment there. They will surely solve your issue when got the comment posted there.

Thanks for the responses! Carla, I've had the hybrid bug longer than I've done scrapbooking - I started with hybrid cards.

Yeah, card usually means cardstock...I love hybrid. We'd love to see some of your hybrids.