Can someone explain the term "Card?"

When I watch YouTube videos about hybrid projects done by crafters in the UK or Australia or New Zealand, I hear the term "card." I had assumed it's the same as what we call cardstock in the US. Now I'm wondering if it's a heavier weight? I've been playing around with hybrid albums and journals.

Thanks!

Hi Gayle, I don't know if this will help but I'm in NZ and when I say card I mean a greeting card and when I talk about card stock I mean the cardboard that is used to make a card or a layout. If I heard someone say I'm using 160msg card I would find that unusual. Its usually card stock, cardboard or paper. Thats what I'm aware of but I'm not that sure. HTH

Hi Gayle, Being an Australian, I would assume when they use the term "card" it is the cardstock used for cardmaking and possibly could be pre-scored cardstock ready for making a greeting card. I have been a cardmaker since 1992 and back in the early days I would refer to what I used for cardmaking as "card". It was when I started scrapbooking ( real not digital ) that I started to refer to the Bazill cardstock I was using as "cardstock".

Archived