March Layout Madness 2017

ValerieT

:wobbly-eyes: Oh no! March Layout Madness is back! :wobbly-eyes:

This month's Scrap Girls Forum game, March Layout madness, is designed to help you get more scrapbook pages done with a series of simple steps that add up to a finished page at the end of each week, but watch out some of the tasks may be trickier :newangel: . When the month is over you'll have completed several layouts and been treated to some fun along the way.

Throughout March, Monday through Saturday, a Welcoming Committee member will post a daily layout step in the game thread. The tasks will be formatted in a LARGE PURPLE FONT for ease of locating them in the game thread as it grows.

• Layout one will have four steps
  • Layouts two, three and four will have six steps each
  • Layout five will have five steps

Prizes;

• Members who complete and post all 5 layouts in the March Layout Madness Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of two $15.00 Scrap Girls Shop Gift Certificates.
  • Each completed layout posted in the March Layout Madness Gallery, up to 4 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $5.00 Scrap Girls Shop Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on March 31st 2017 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the March Layout Madness Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

You can post your daily progress if you wish, but this is not a requirement.

Here is how to post your "progress" in this game thread.
  • Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial by Carla How To Post Images In The Forum to post your "progress" in the game thread.

So why not join us for a month of fun and madness.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a busy day ahead, so I am posting our first task now.

1st March

Start a new layout in your preferred size and add the following;

• 1 patterned paper

• 2 plain papers

• 3 photos

As long as I don't have to shoot basketballs, I'll try to keep up.

("March Madness" is a huge College basketball tournament in USA that takes up most of March. It starts with 64 teams and finally gets down to two who play to be the winner!)

I remember March Madness from previous years - challenging, but fun. Don't know how much I can participate this month. I'm still trying to finish previous albums - our Mediterranean cruse and our African safari. And we'll be in Yellowstone, hoping to find some wolves, for the middle of the month, so I'll have limited internet access, and no computer for scrapping. I'll see what I can accomplish this week, and at the end of the month. Have fun, ladies!

We've been trying to back my new EHD up to Carbonite... and I have so many photos and so many scrapping supplies, it's taking forever. I haven't been able to scrap as much! Here is my first thumbnail of the month, though...

post-20302-0-61779100-1488417260_thumb.jpg

March Madness takes over all the menfolk in our family. I have to learn brackets and pick teams - I am usually glad when it's all over. I like a good football or baseball game. This looks like a better March Madness for me --- I'm in (and the only brackets are embellishments.)

Here is today's task.

2nd March

Add the following to your layout;

• 1 ribbon

• 2 buttons

• 3 leaves

• 4 flowers

• 5 other embellishments

Word art counts as an embellishment for this task.

Archived