New Hybrid ATC Swap!

CRS

Andrea-rose and I were chatting and she came up with a fantastic idea for a hybrid atc swap theme! We'll need 9 participants, so it's first come, first served. Andrea-rose has created an image for us. I am going to cut it into 9 atc-sized pieces. The participants will each receive 1 piece through email and you create 9 of them and send all 9 to me. You can decorate the pieces any way you want, digitally, with paper piecing, coloring, adding bling, etc. The sky is the limit. The only restriction is that the black lines on your piece must show. I'll collect all the pieces and arrange them in a baseball card sleeve and they will create a picture. Below are some examples Andrea and I found online:

post-2597-0-66878200-1488502616_thumb.png post-2597-0-26581700-1488502968_thumb.jpg post-2597-0-56771400-1488502979_thumb.jpg post-2597-0-53138600-1488502990_thumb.jpg

So, to participate, you just need to let me know in this thread that you want to join. You will need to send me a 9 slot baseball trading card holder so I can piece the scene together for you. They are designed to fit into a standard 3 ring binder. You can fold the sheets in thirds and fit them into a business sized envelope. Please include return postage in one of the slots, allowing for an extra ounce in case participants are especially exuberant with their bling. If it's not needed, I will return it with your goodies. Also please include a self-addressed envelope. We've found that the larger 6x9 envelopes work better than business sized envelopes but the postage rate is the same. When you mail the envelope to me, the post office people will tell you if there's a non-machinable surcharge. A great hint is to use your own address as the return address in case it gets "returned" for any reason.

So, if you made it this far, here is the theme: Spring. You may be asking what the picture will look like....you won't know until I return them! So get ready for a big surprise! Sign up by March 9th. I will send out my mailing address and your piece on March 10th. Cards will be due back to me by April 10th. That gives us each a month to complete.

So, who's with us??

1. Carla

2. Andrea-rose

3. Lei

4. Dianne

5. Ann

6. Laura

7. Marilyn

8. Mikelle

9. Kelly

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly, You round out the 9. Looks like a full bunch! And Andrea and I were worried no one would be interested!! I'll send the graphic out as soon as it's ready. If I don't have your email address, I'll PM you...

I'm so excited! It's going to be great and interesting. You can go with anything on your rectangle, and I'm excited to see if the final image will work, like a mosaic, or something. Just a sketch I did and did my best to make it digital. Did I say I'm excited?

I'm excited too, Andrea!! So glad you shared this idea with Carla ... will be a fun "mystery" round!! Can't wait to get started.

I have either PM'd you for your email address or emailed you your piece of the "puzzle", lol. Just keep in mind the theme is Spring, so think spring like colors. There is no specific color palette, and the only requirement is to make sure the black outlines show.

I'm excited to get this started!

Oh darn. This means I have to go to Hobby Lobby. Oh the sacrifices we artists have to make. :giggle_bear:

Oh double darn ... I was just at Hobby Lobby Saturday and didn't have this yet so that means I HAVE to go back to Hobby Lobby! LOL!! Yes, I'm joining you in the sacrifice, Kelly!!

I haven't even thought about how to decorate yet. My hat is that of a nurse for today and tomorrow, then I'll put the crafter's hat back on, lol!

Sounds like your dh's surgery went well. Nursing duty is important. I haven't a clue what I'm going to do either. I can't go to HL until Thursday. But I'm excited for the challenge.

Oh darn. This means I have to go to Hobby Lobby. Oh the sacrifices we artists have to make. :giggle_bear:

Oh double darn ... I was just at Hobby Lobby Saturday and didn't have this yet so that means I HAVE to go back to Hobby Lobby! LOL!! Yes, I'm joining you in the sacrifice, Kelly!!

I wish you two could take me to Hobby Lobby with you; none nearby here. :(

So, I had to go to Lowe's yesterday to get some parts for a leaky sink pipe, and guess what I drive right past to get there....Yup! Hobby Lobby! My truck has a mind of it's own and just turned right in there. Then of course, had to hit Michael's, too!

I thought about this for a long, long time, and then decided to just sit down at the computer and see what happened. I don't know if what I've done is what I'm supposed to do, but I like the outcome so far! Everything is printed and ready for enhancement...bring on the BLING :daisy: !

My daughters have been visiting for a week and this morning the younger was doing laundry in the laundry/ craft room. She saw my "creative space" and was really taken with my card collections, especially our little calendar. You are all artists and it's been validated! I can't wait to see the results of this swap....so much fun!

Well, big bummer. I've been working on the bling part and have everything I need. I don't need to to Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Oh, wait....I'm awfully low on glue and tape runners. Golly, I'd hate to run out right in the middle of blinging. Better get over there tomorrow!

Well, big bummer. I've been working on the bling part and have everything I need. I don't need to to Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Oh, wait....I'm awfully low on glue and tape runners. Golly, I'd hate to run out right in the middle of blinging. Better get over there tomorrow!

Hee, hee... Made me giggle Ann! :D

Archived