Tuesday Challenge March 7, 2017

MariJ

Today’s challenge is to scrap a tribute to someone important to you. This could be a love or “like” letter to a family member or friend who has affected your life or went above and beyond the call of duty; or a remembrance of a complete stranger who was kind to you but you never saw again! You can even highlight a treasured pet, an organization that’s been helpful to you or a child, municipal worker or historical figure you admire very much. It’s up to you who you’d like to “spotlight” and how you’d like to scrap them.

Your page can include either photos or journaling (even a list!), a combination of both or an Art Journal page. Different inspirations for each of us and remember if your journaling is too personal you can hide or lighten it when posting.

When you are finished, please post your completed tribute in the Newsletter Challenge Gallery.

I’m anxious to see what you create!

Here’s my layout:

Jody Tribute

Today’s challenge is to scrap a tribute to someone important to you. This could be a love or “like” letter to a family member or friend who has affected your life or went above and beyond the call of duty; or a remembrance of a complete stranger who was kind to you but you never saw again! You can even highlight a treasured pet, an organization that’s been helpful to you or a child, municipal worker or historical figure you admire very much. It’s up to you who you’d like to “spotlight” and how you’d like to scrap them.

Your page can include either photos or journaling (even a list!), a combination of both or an Art Journal page. Different inspirations for each of us and remember if your journaling is too personal you can hide or lighten it when posting.

When you are finished, please post your completed tribute in the Newsletter Challenge Gallery.

Here’s my layout:

Jody Tribute

Your page is over the top....so special.

Here’s my layout:

Jody Tribute

Your page is over the top....so special.

Thanks Debby. I've been wanting to scrap my writing and that photo for a while. But, please everyone, don't feel you have to do a memorial tribute - this challenge is meant for however the idea takes you. :)

Ok, this is scary Marilyn....As I was walking with Buddy around my neighborhood last week, I had the thought that I should write a letter to my grandfather describing the area and how much he would have liked it here. But then I thought it was silly, because he's been gone for awhile and would never see the letter. But maybe I'll do it for this challenge anyway.

Thanks Marilyn!

Ok, this is scary Marilyn....As I was walking with Buddy around my neighborhood last week, I had the thought that I should write a letter to my grandfather describing the area and how much he would have liked it here. But then I thought it was silly, because he's been gone for awhile and would never see the letter. But maybe I'll do it for this challenge anyway.

Thanks Marilyn!

Oh wow, Carla so I guess it was meant to be. And, I know how close you were to your Grandfather so I can imagine you walking and thinking of him and describing this new place, your home that he's never seen. Wanting to share it with him. Not silly at all, very touching and I'm glad this challenge touched YOU. Actually, the tribute I wrote for Jody first started as a letter to her. Me too - thought oh, she'll never read it. But, she had just died and I wanted to say things to her so I started writing. Then, when Darren asked me to write something I built from there.

Whatever/if you do, I'd love to share in it. :)

Oh, Marilyn, your letter was so moving, it made me think of my best childhood friend. I don't think I've ever really dealt with the empty space in my heart since she's been gone. It was hard, but here goes ------

Tribute to Cookie

It's beautiful Betty and touched the hole in my heart where special friends live... Thank you so much for sharing and I'm glad you were able to do it; thanks for sharing.

Marilyn that is an awesome tribute to Jody it must have been very difficult for you to have done this though, such a wonderful challenge :)

Thanks Jane... I actually cried through writing it. Yes it was difficult but I was glad to have done it and to have a small part in Jody's funeral.

As soon as I read this challenge, I knew I wanted to do a page about my (great) aunt. She'll be 90 this year, widowed since she was 50 and never had children. She is my godmother, and definitely my favorite aunt! She was also my gram's baby sister by about 10 years, so she was a teenaged aunt to my mom and uncle. About 15 years ago, she asked me to be the one to look after her when the time came. We've always included her in our family gatherings, and for the past 4-5 years, I've been going over regularly, taking her out, getting her groceries, etc. Last summer she was in the hospital briefly, then we moved her to independent living where her lifelong friend also lives. Sadly, she is in the throes of dementia but I keep telling her we need to just live in the moment and I'm happy for every good moment we have together. She still loves music and the residents at her center are so good to her, and have accepted me as part of the package deal! This picture is from last summer right after she moved there.

I chose to not journal on the page - "Blessed" says everything I feel (plenty I'm still processing). But I don't mind sharing a bit of our story with you all. This is perhaps why I've gone back to scrapbooking. Her file cabinet of older memories is still very much intact, and she has a ton of photos I'd love to do something with some day.

As soon as I read this challenge, I knew I wanted to do a page about my (great) aunt. She'll be 90 this year, widowed since she was 50 and never had children. She is my godmother, and definitely my favorite aunt! She was also my gram's baby sister by about 10 years, so she was a teenaged aunt to my mom and uncle. About 15 years ago, she asked me to be the one to look after her when the time came. We've always included her in our family gatherings, and for the past 4-5 years, I've been going over regularly, taking her out, getting her groceries, etc. Last summer she was in the hospital briefly, then we moved her to independent living where her lifelong friend also lives. Sadly, she is in the throes of dementia but I keep telling her we need to just live in the moment and I'm happy for every good moment we have together. She still loves music and the residents at her center are so good to her, and have accepted me as part of the package deal! This picture is from last summer right after she moved there.

I chose to not journal on the page - "Blessed" says everything I feel (plenty I'm still processing). But I don't mind sharing a bit of our story with you all. This is perhaps why I've gone back to scrapbooking. Her file cabinet of older memories is still very much intact, and she has a ton of photos I'd love to do something with some day.

Thanks for sharing your story and precious godmother, Dianne. I lost my godmother/aunt last year - it truly is a unique and very special relationship. Your layout is gorgeous.

Archived