Doing A Non Standard Size Layout

My S-I-L's mother recently passed away. My S-I-L sent me a text asking me if I would do a layout in honor of her mother. She thought maybe a 8x10 or even a 11x16. She's not familiar with digital scrapbooking other than what see she's me post on instagram. Are these sizes even possible? I know the papers are usually sized 12x12. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. She just asked me this morning and she is still staying with her father so no rush yet. Thanks!

I'm doing one now that's 8x10 so it can be framed easily. When I've done this in the past, I start by creating an 8x10 document (rather than starting with a template). I then drag elements from a template or whatever else I want to use onto the document. Maybe there's an easier way but this always works for me and I like that it's easy to find frames for this size (either 8x10 or 11x14 with an 8x10 mat opening).

Good luck and so nice of you to do this for your SIL.

Any size is possible!

I would do as Dianne does, and create a new document in the size you'd like your final work to be. Then just drag things on there that you want to use. Things can easily be resized by (in Photoshop) using shortcut CNTRL+T and then holding the SHIFT key down while resizing. This keeps the same ratio of the original so it doesn't look warped or stretched in a weird way.

HTH!

Yup, I do what everyone else does! And, like Dianne said - 8x10 is easy to print, since it's standard size here. You can also have it easily printed as a photo in that size.

If you belong to Costco, they do a really wonderful photo collage that's very big and very cheap, but, it turns out great! I've done them and they are awesome. What you do is you upload the photos to an account, then put them in the collage product and the magic machine moves them around and fits them in slots. I had to do it a few times before I liked the arrangement, when I did it (a few years ago) you had no control over what went where. Plus, you'd have no ability to add embellishments ,etc. But, it's an easy way to do it quickly!

Here's a photo of the two I did for my niece and neohew. They are large, like 20" x 30" I think!

And cost something like $10 each when I did, not sure about now. :)

post-19549-0-55468900-1490902552_thumb.jpg

Those are cool Marilyn!! I'm not a member of Costos anymore. Also I think my SIL wanted it to be more of a scapbook page with embellishments and stuff.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I appreciate your input. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Archived