Where to buy books and what size

dsrt16

So I know a ton of places where I can print my pages, but I am not sure where to buy the books. My daughter is 2 weeks away from turning 1, and I want to give her her scrapbook (although she obviously won't appreciate it yet) on her birthday.

I just have no idea where to buy a cute book that I can insert the pages into. I don't want to get just a binder; I want it to be a cute book cover. My mom put mine in this book that had a fabric frilly cover...super cute. But, I have never seen those in stores.

I designed the scrapbook in 12 x12, but I am under the impression that 8 x 8 will be better, so it can fit on a standard size bookshelf. If I do print in 8 x 8, if I look at my pages at 50% that will show me what the text will look like, right? I am just nervous about the text when I scale down. Other than text, everything scales down well, right? Like pictures won't look weird if they were on 12 x 12 and now 8 x 8, right?

I'd also do a search online for photo scrapbooks - Amazon or a general search and you might come up with some.

You can also try JoAnn's -- not sure they have them but they do have a lot of crafts.

Good luck with your book.

... I don't want to get just a binder; I want it to be a cute book cover. My mom put mine in this book that had a fabric frilly cover...super cute. But, I have never seen those in stores.

... I am just nervous about the text when I scale down.

... pictures won't look weird if they were on 12 x 12 and now 8 x 8, right?

Your pages will not look distorted at 8x8 because it is still a square. It's just a smaller square. So yes, the text may need to be enlarged in order to be readable at the smaller size print.

Online photobook printing services do offer 8x8 albums with "custom printed covers". So you can design a "frilly fabric" page as the cover. Once the photobook is printed, you can hybrid scrap the cover and glue on real ribbon, bows, etc.

This is an example of a custom cover at a photobook printing site. You can design your background with any digital paper you want, and add as many embellishments as you want.

block3.jpg

I design my pages at 12X12 but print at home 8X8 and I don't have a problem with reading the journaling. If you have the time, you could create your own album. Someone gave me a photo album covered in fabric with ribbon and pearls on it for my wedding and I used it for my dd's first year album. Try doing a search on Etsy, I bet they have something adorable with a handmade touch.

Archived