dsrt16

Shift isn't keeping photos proportional

8 posts in this topic

This has been bothering me for sometime, but I have just hoped that my eye has been helping me to keep photos mostly proportional :/

I hold down the shift key when I resize images, but it isn't working anymore to keep them proportional. Even while holding the shift key, I can make a photo fatter if I wanted. I am trying hard to keep them proportional as I resize them down, but sometimes it is hard for me to tell if it became too skinny or too tall in the resize.

I am using photoshop elements 14. Is there another trick besides holding down the shift key?

Make sure you grab the toggles at the corners and not the ones on the edge. See if that fixes your issue.

You don't need to hold the shift key in PSE. Try it without.

This happens to me, too (PSE9). Using the Alt key works.

Oh my gosh, I could never get this to work on PSE on my Mac but holding Atl key did, thanks Linda! :)

I agree with Belle I never hold extra keys with PSE14

Good luck

Oh my gosh, I could never get this to work on PSE on my Mac but holding Atl key did, thanks Linda! :)

Hey, I'm glad that works for you, too! Seems like the latest version, the developers realized that we most often want to resize without changing the aspect ratio, so they removed the need to hold down an extra key.

But in Photoshop you still have to hold the shift key. I wish they would make it automatic that it keeps the proportions.