May Colourful Slow Scrap

ValerieT

Welcome to May's forum game. A straight forward, colourful, slow scrap!

Every day, Monday to Saturday, we will give you a step that will lead to a finished layout. The first four layouts will have six steps each. The last layout will have three steps.

Members who complete the steps and post all 5 layouts in the Slow Scrap Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of two $10.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

Each completed layout posted in the Slow Scrap Gallery, up to 5 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $3.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on May 31st 2017 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Slow Scrap Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

You can make changes to your layout as the week progresses.

After each step you can post your progress in this thread if you wish. PLEASE NOTE; THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Here is how;

• Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial How To Post Images In The Forum  to post your "progress" in the game thread.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is today's task.

Week One

1st May

This week we will be using primary colours.

Pick any two of the following colours to use in your layout; red, blue and yellow. You can use any shade of theses colours. Which ever colour you don't pick you mustn't use at all. For example; if you pick blue and yellow you can't add anything red to your layout.

Don't forget to tell us which colours you are using.

Start a new layout in your preferred size and add 3 papers.

Color challenges are my favorite! Count me in this month. We will be away for several days during the month but I'll do what I can.

I want to use one of my latest purchases, Syndee's Pretty Poppy Paper Mini, so I'm going with red and yellow. I'll be back later with a photo.

I love slow scraps and color challenges, so this is perfect! I'm going to pick blue and yellow as my colors. I don't know what photos I'll use yet. I'll be back later to post my papers.

Yea! I love these. Will be in and out this month but will try to keep up. I'm using blue and yellow. Papers are: 

SRO_SSPaper_TexturedGrunge, 

ABR_AltXmas_Paper (must be on the same wavelength as Joyce),  

MRE_WTWeather_Nano_Paper_Stripe (modified)

I'm here ...better late than never...I guess. I am going to use red and blue.

Great scrapping everyone.

3rd May

Add nine embellishments to your layout, these must include at least one of each of the following;

• ribbon

• button

• frame

I thought i had my photos, but couldn't find them when I went to add them to my LO! So I took more on my walk this morning. I'll add the embellishments too, and post it later.

Archived