May Colourful Slow Scrap

ValerieT

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I clipped my photo to a locket, which gave it a curved appearance, and added a gold style to the frame.

DEB SS Emb: Altered Art Essentials: Lockets - retired; ASO SS Styles: Antique Effect.

Thanks, Conda! You are helping me to spend money -- but how can I resist? :D

Like, like, like... everyone's layouts!

May Slow Scrap LO 3 day 3.jpg

This is taking me forever to mess with.  I'm using a paper from vjs Stark Raven collection, and I discovered that when I made a hue/saturation adjustment layer over the paper and took the saturation almost all the way up, it pulled pink into the paper.  I have to admit I also tinted the paper just a little, so there's probably some yellow or brown in it, but I thought it matched the photo better.  My border is SNU_SSPaper_ArtMixBorders-Stitched_Paint2, duplicated, with AFT_SS_WatercolorKraft_6401, both black and neutral applied.  For treatment of the photo, I applied a brush layer with AWI_DynBrush_Textured8202_Watercolor, clipped it to the photo, then applied a duplicate original photo over that with hard light blending mode applied, and EHI_SSTools_Styles_BarelyThereInked5401-3.  Whew.  I didn't mention before, too, I isolated the color in my photo using DEB_SSActions_Knockout5102.  Oh, and MRE_CornerRounder_Medium.

May2017SlowScrap_3Thumb.jpg

11 hours ago, Mikelle said:

This is taking me forever to mess with.  I'm using a paper from vjs Stark Raven collection, and I discovered that when I made a hue/saturation adjustment layer over the paper and took the saturation almost all the way up, it pulled pink into the paper.  I have to admit I also tinted the paper just a little, so there's probably some yellow or brown in it, but I thought it matched the photo better.  My border is SNU_SSPaper_ArtMixBorders-Stitched_Paint2, duplicated, with AFT_SS_WatercolorKraft_6401, both black and neutral applied.  For treatment of the photo, I applied a brush layer with AWI_DynBrush_Textured8202_Watercolor, clipped it to the photo, then applied a duplicate original photo over that with hard light blending mode applied, and EHI_SSTools_Styles_BarelyThereInked5401-3.  Whew.  I didn't mention before, too, I isolated the color in my photo using DEB_SSActions_Knockout5102.  Oh, and MRE_CornerRounder_Medium.

May2017SlowScrap_3Thumb.jpg

Just remember, it's called a SLOW scrap. ;)

Wow-great effects on your photo as well as the paper/border.  Work well done!  Somethings I never thought of before.  I love hearing what everyone is doing!

Five elements...maybe this task will help me decide on my accent color???  For some reason, no one accent color has jumped out at me.  ????  

You ladies are rocking this week's layout!!  

25 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Conda, I don't know what your photo looks like, but might I suggest green for your accent color? Green is my favorite color. Yup, you can't go wrong with green! :lol:

I agree completely!

I went with the color of the flamingo for my accent color.

ColorsSlowScrap3.jpg.b1f1776d7513cbf4b5e3753e692346e1.jpg

Oooh.... Carla, I'm lovin' that flamingo!

I picked a ribbon from GWH Family Ties and two flowers and a dangle from BMU Shabby Blanc. I'll count the frame as embellishment 5. It seems to be coming together OK, as long as we don't have to add too much more. I might decide to make the photo larger if I don't need the space for something else.

May Slow Scrap LO 3 2 embell.jpg

4x4-3-Lilacs-in-the-Garden.jpg.f11a1b085bf2328c9d879077307e25b1.jpg

The five embellishments I used were:

VJS Hint of Vintage -- Butterfly

BHA Blossom & Blooms Summer -- Flowers (3)

CRO Jolly Holiday -- Bow recolored using PSE15 Photographic Effects

4x4-3-Lilacs-in-the-Garden.jpg

The five embellishments I used were:

VJS Hint of Vintage -- Butterfly

BHA Blossom & Blooms Summer -- Flowers (3)

CRO Jolly Holiday -- Bow recolored using PSE15 Photographic Effects

I'm trying to delete the post above this one, as it has the wrong file attached and I can't delete it. Can someone help me?

4x4-3-Lilacs-in-the-Garden.jpg

23 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Conda, I don't know what your photo looks like, but might I suggest green for your accent color? Green is my favorite color. Yup, you can't go wrong with green! :lol:

Thank yo for the suggestion!!! ;)

Of course my original thought was pink...a pale pink.  However the rest of the layout is awfully dark...so it might not work AND the picture is of Charlotte and her dad...so pink???  Might just do it anyway!

Not liking how this is coming along...may need to make some tweaks after seeing tomorrow's task. I used one font for the "F" and another font for the rest of the word.

ColorsSlowScrap3.jpg.6eca8d729e8730f172ea1ae70a1d1afb.jpg

Archived