May Colourful Slow Scrap

ValerieT

Hi everyone, ready for the last week of "May Colorful Slow Scrap"?   Here's your first task ---

Week 5 May 29th

This week you can use your favorite color. Make sure your favorite is the main color of your layout.

Start a new layout in your preferred size. Add an odd number of papers and an even number of photos.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PURPLE is my favorite color! I am using one paper from LLO Amethyst Mist Savings Selection and two photos from the garden outside my Oriental Medicine doctor's office, it's so peaceful and pretty.  

May Forum game week 5.jpg

My favorite color is green so I'm using a couple more of the photos I took at a near-by botanical garden. I'm using a paper from DEB Gesso, which is retired; a paper from BMU Asian; and a ScrapSimple paper: BMU SS Paper: BGB 7. The plan is to blend one of the colored papers into the SS paper. We'll see...

May Slow Scrap LO 5 day 1.jpg

11 minutes ago, princessrunningfingers said:

Sorry, everyone, that I have been unable to finish this month, but I enjoyed what I did.  Things are looking better now, so I hope to be ready to participate in June's activity.

Good to hear from you Joyce, no worries and very happy to hear that you are doing better now.   Take care!   

8 hours ago, princessrunningfingers said:

Sorry, everyone, that I have been unable to finish this month, but I enjoyed what I did.  Things are looking better now, so I hope to be ready to participate in June's activity.

Glad things are looking better now Joyce :)

I'm going to have to guess the last challenge for this week as we fly to Europe on wednesday for the start of our holiday. Although for me it is the end of the month its still only tuesday for you guys so I'll miss the last challenge so will post early :)

I love lots of colours and don't really have a favourite but as I have to choose I've picked orange as I do love this colour :) I blendedd them with BMU_BGBlenders4

I used 3 papers from TCS_Prayer&Praise x2 and BMU_Tropicana with 2 photos and GWH_SSmb_StackedPhotos

week 5_3papers &2photos.jpg

I really don't have a favorite color... my girls ask me that once in a while, and I never have a good answer, other than "I like them all, but especially I like certain color combos."  Blue and yellow has always been a favorite of mine, also teal and mango.  So here is blue and yellow...  Two photos, one paper:  JZI_FlightsOfFancy_Yellow_PaperSuperMini_Damasks-Yellow

K_1yr_SleepyYellowThumb.jpg

(I'm posting early since I have to bring my car for service early tomorrow morning, but hey!  It's already the 30th on the other side of the world, right?) :D 

Week 5 May 30th

Add an odd number of embellishments and a title using just alphas.

1 hour ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Well its certainly the 30th here Marilyn and almost the 31st :) Thanks for posting early :) 

I added 13 embellishments and used BMU_Captured_Aplha and BMU_Manmade_Aplha for my title

week 5_13embell&falpha.jpg

You're welcome and I always think of that when posting, Jane!  

8 hours ago, MariJ said:

(I'm posting early since I have to bring my car for service early tomorrow morning, but hey!  It's already the 30th on the other side of the world, right?) :D 

Week 5 May 30th

Add an odd number of embellishments and a title using just alphas.

Thank you from me too for posting early, always appreciated :) Hope your car service goes well today!

10 hours ago, MariJ said:

I combined my photos using an OOB mask/frame, added 5 embellishments and used an acrylic alpha for my title.

May 2017 Forum Game Wk 5 22.jpg

I love how this is turning out! I never would have thought to blend my photos together and I wouldn't have known it was two separate photos if I hadn't seen them earlier!

16 minutes ago, CRS said:

I love how this is turning out! I never would have thought to blend my photos together and I wouldn't have known it was two separate photos if I hadn't seen them earlier!

Thanks Carla and I know right?  It just happened that they fit together perfectly when I tried! 

I wound up using one of my papers as a mask for one of the photos. I added 1 frame, 1 parasol, 1 branch and two character embellishments. I used the alpha from BMU Asian. Things still aren't looking right to me, so I might make changes later, but so far here's what I have:

May Slow Scrap LO5  day 2.jpg

Marilyn  :waving-hi: I know its cheeky :D but it is the 31st here and 7am and was just wondering if you could post early again but even earlier than yesterday please. I leave for the airport :plane: after dinner so wondering if you could post by 7pm your time :happy039:. I know its a big ask and don't worry if you cant as I'll just guess the last task and upload anyway :dunno:

2 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Marilyn  :waving-hi: I know its cheeky :D but it is the 31st here and 7am and was just wondering if you could post early again but even earlier than yesterday please. I leave for the airport :plane: after dinner so wondering if you could post by 7pm your time :happy039:. I know its a big ask and don't worry if you cant as I'll just guess the last task and upload anyway :dunno:

I'm on it Jane. :)

Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip but we'll miss you here!

And, you make me smile with "cheeky" --- I always laughed when Jody used that word...  Ok - here we go, it will give everyone time to finish up the month!  

Archived