Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yes, you read that correctly - we're already starting to talk about the Spring 2018 Meet-up. We're hoping that with enough notice, people can budget and schedule to join in. We're also looking at places we've not met before. So visit here often and participate in the decision making! I'll also be creating something in Facebook, so look for that as well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First question: Which weekends work for you in April 2018? We're skipping the 1st as it's Easter. That leaves:

05Apr - 08Apr

12Apr - 15Apr

19Apr - 22Apr

26Apr - 29Apr

Respond with all that you are available. I've listed Thursday as the first day since many come in on that day to get Friday as a full-day - but that's not mandatory.

Based on feedback here and FB, I've removed the weekends before tax day in the US.

Edited by anemone1983
Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't know until the 2018 softball schedule comes out in October. Spring is always much busier for me than fall, but softball shouldn't be as hard next year because Lauren won't be able to play freshman as well as jv, who are on two different schedules.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree after tax time.  But other than that Spring is easier for me.  We'll have track/golf both of which i'm a bad mom and don't go to.  LOL 

OOh...different places could be fun.  Of course, i'm always up for St Louis also, there's always something to do over there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooray for planning ahead.   Thanks for getting this started Michele. 

 

I agree... after tax time will be better for me too :)     I am definitely not available the weekend of the 12th-15th. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ARE WE THERE YET?????  :dancingchicken::dancingchicken::dancingchicken:

 

I'm flexible for the last two weekends (as far as I know now!!) and am open to locations.  Lots of them sounds fun!  I worry about the ones that are further from the airport (an hour or so) just because of difficulty and extra time transporting everyone.  Those would just take a bit more planning.  

Thank you Michele for starting the thread and keeping track of us! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to attend this get together. I haven't been on one since April 2010 (Scrap Girls MAD Weekend) in Pennsylvania. I'll start saving my pennies now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, angleigh said:

It would be great to meet you Carol

I would love to meet you after all these years of you helping me out. It would be great to meet you ladies that I haven't met before and see those that I have met at the MAD Weekend.

00004969.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was such a fun weekend! We used to drive past that hotel going back and forth from NY to MD and I pointed it out to the family every time! We even stopped there once to let the dog stretch his legs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, I would love to join in next year! 2018 is my "domestic travel" year (alternate between foreign and domestic), so this fits in nicely. Either suggested weekend in April is fine with me. It would be neat to visit a state I've never been to, though there are only ten to choose from, lol. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spring is always horrible for me, at work.  I do all of my teaching traveling in the spring, so adding another trip would unhinge my littlest one, who gets upset when I'm gone.  Someday I will go to one of these meet-ups!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mikelle said:

Spring is always horrible for me, at work.  I do all of my teaching traveling in the spring, so adding another trip would unhinge my littlest one, who gets upset when I'm gone.  Someday I will go to one of these meet-ups!

Hmmm....maybe it will coordinate with one of your teaching trips???  It is hard on little ones!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, roocmc said:

Ooh, I would love to join in next year! 2018 is my "domestic travel" year (alternate between foreign and domestic), so this fits in nicely. Either suggested weekend in April is fine with me. It would be neat to visit a state I've never been to, though there are only ten to choose from, lol. 😄

Yay, Ann! You've reminded me that I have the locations listed in FB, but not here. I'll take care of that soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the list of locations from FB. If you want to be invited in FB and you're friends with Conda, Angie, Tiza, me, Tamara, Pat, Sandi give your friend a shout. It also looks like I have the option of inviting non-FB people via text or email. I've not done that before, but I'm willing to try it if you want to PM me here with your contact info to try.

Now to the list!

What locations are of interest to you (and that you will actually travel to)? So far, suggestions we've heard (in no particular order): 
- St. Louis, MO
- Kansas City, MO
- Minneapolis, MN
- Omaha, NE
- Denver, CO (there's also a meeting place an hour outside Denver)
- Dearborn, MI (photo walk at Greenfield Village) - There are other locations in MI that are great to visit, but they're a far drive from the DTW airport (so maybe a day trip?)
- Dallas, TX (photo walk at Botanical Gardens & Arboretum)
- San Antonio, TX (Removed because our local expert told us pricing would be outrageous due to Fiesta during our time frames)
- Pacific Northwest (Sandi is checking potential location)

FYI...there is a concern with locations far from airports due to the logistics of a far drive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Ooo i'd go to a Dallas one and possibly a Michigan one. Haven't been to Greenfield since I can't remember when. 

I live here and worked right in Dearborn, sometimes just across the street from Greenfield Village...and it's still been probably 10 years since I've been there LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, anemone1983 said:

Awww. I'll try again. After that, I do have your phone number, so if you want to try the text method, we can do that!

 

I think I see the problem. For some reason, FB removes the "." in the part before the "@", making it all run together - which is not your email address :(. I typed it in 3 times thinking maybe I mistyped it the first time, by the 2nd & 3rd, I was just confirming. Sigh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, anemone1983 said:

I think I see the problem. For some reason, FB removes the "." in the part before the "@", making it all run together - which is not your email address :(. I typed it in 3 times thinking maybe I mistyped it the first time, by the 2nd & 3rd, I was just confirming. Sigh.

Dumb FB, lol! I could give you my yahoo address, but I never remember to check it. That's ok, I don't even know if I can go until the Fall, so I'll just wait and see what's decided. But if you all decide on Denver, and the Rockies are playing at home, my whole family will come and knock that stadium off our bucket list, rofl!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2017 at 10:49 AM, CRS said:

Dumb FB, lol! I could give you my yahoo address, but I never remember to check it. That's ok, I don't even know if I can go until the Fall, so I'll just wait and see what's decided. But if you all decide on Denver, and the Rockies are playing at home, my whole family will come and knock that stadium off our bucket list, rofl!

What? Denver a possibility? Whoo-hoo!! I'll go to the Rockies game w/ you guys!

I really hope that I can go, no matter what city the meet-up is scheduled. Both weeks look good for me so far. All good places listed.

Thanks, Michele, for throwing this up on the boards! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd try to come. Michigan or St. Louis appeal to me most but I'd be open to a few of the other locations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2017 at 10:13 AM, anemone1983 said:

What locations are of interest to you (and that you will actually travel to)? So far, suggestions we've heard (in no particular order): 

 

- St. Louis, MO
- Kansas City, MO
- Minneapolis, MN
- Omaha, NE
- Denver, CO (there's also a meeting place an hour outside Denver)
- Dearborn, MI (photo walk at Greenfield Village) - There are other locations in MI that are great to visit, but they're a far drive from the DTW airport (so maybe a day trip?)
- Dallas, TX (photo walk at Botanical Gardens & Arboretum)
- Pacific Northwest (Sandi is checking potential location)

I'm open to wherever... I could drive to St. Louis or Dearborn, and fly to any of the others. I haven't been to KC, Minneapolis or Omaha in my adult years, so those are particularly intriguing. But the photo walk in Dallas sounds particularly inviting.

I suppose my hometown of Columbus, Ohio, is another option...we have a number of metro park gardens as well as the Franklin Park Conservatory, not to mention my beloved Columbus Zoo, as well as the Topiary Park...and most are less than twenty minutes from the airport. I'm not in a position to host anything at my house, but I could certainly coordinate...

Edited by roocmc
duplicate language
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...