Spring 2018 Meet-up

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10 May 2017 at 6:38 AM, lorac said:

I would love to meet you after all these years of you helping me out. It would be great to meet you ladies that I haven't met before and see those that I have met at the MAD Weekend.

00004969.jpg

This is a great photo but for those of us down under, could someone tell me the names of everyone please!!! :-)

6 hours ago, Ngaire said:

Nope Conda I don't think you are there yet but are you in the photo!!????

I see Carla I think on top - third from left and maybe Carol on the opposite end?
I'd suspect this is from an earlier meet-up and I don't recognize too many others so far. 

14 hours ago, Ngaire said:

This is a great photo but for those of us down under, could someone tell me the names of everyone please!!! :-)

This was from the meet up in Pennsylvania, so Conda wasn't there. Marilyn is correct, I'm third in from the left and Carol (Lorac) is on the right in the back. Teecee is in red on the bench, Becca's daughter is next to her on one side and Becca on the other side of Teecee. In front of Becca is Jennifer Ziegler. A lot of those members aren't as active anymore and i'm having trouble remembering screen names.

It sure is lovely having these photos. I still remember my meet up with a SG convention in Utah nearly 10 years ago! I should dig out my photos of them:D I wasn't at the photo above but I did recognise you Carla, I only just missed meeting you Carla because you were unwell that weekend of the convention. I think on the end next to Becca is Caren she was at the convention, at the other end kneeling in the front with the purple shirt is Julie, and I think that is Lei in the back standing next to Carol. I know I should know some of the others but the names have just gone. Its lovely to see that photo of Theresa, we are sure going to miss her?

I'm still mad about missing that convention in Utah! You would think I'd be over it by now....

Lei wasn't at this meet up. One over from Carol is Laurie in Pa, and in front is someone from VA...her first name isn't coming to me. Next to Julie is Reminicing, but can't remember her first name, either. I know the two ladies from Buffalo are in there (next city over from my hometown in NY) and I want to say sunnie2004 is on the bottom left, near Jennifer. Maybe it more will come to me each time I look.

Here is a photo from a mid-west meetup in October 2014.

IMG_4821.thumb.JPG.2bca7daee45720dc549afa3a433a36ae.JPG

We have the 3 Karens (lol), Theresa, Cindy, Conda, Michele, Tamara, Laura, Cheri, Angie and myself.

19 hours ago, CRS said:

This was from the meet up in Pennsylvania, so Conda wasn't there. Marilyn is correct, I'm third in from the left and Carol (Lorac) is on the right in the back. Teecee is in red on the bench, Becca's daughter is next to her on one side and Becca on the other side of Teecee. In front of Becca is Jennifer Ziegler. A lot of those members aren't as active anymore and i'm having trouble remembering screen names.

Oh, my gosh -- that was a fun day!! It was so nice to meet some of the ScrapGirls family in real life! Bobbi Cohlan is in the upper left corner (top row) with the black shirt. Michele Kendzie (?) I think is the one in the lower right corner and next to her is Julia Enriquez (Jules). Wow -- what a flashback... 

**I still fit into that scarf! LOL

I haven't been on here for years, but something made me come on yesterday to look around and this popped

I know everybody's first names, but not their forum ones

front row, kneeling Jennifer Z, Julie, Michelle

behind them, kneeling Caren and Becca

seated on bench Theresa and Kay 

Back - Rosemary (surprise from Minnesota, now officially MAD scrapper) Bobbie, Carla, Margo, Diane, Me, Fran Sarah, and Carol

I haven't scrapped for ages and have to get back to it.  There are so many memories waiting for me.

Oh Laurie how cool to see you and just when I needed you to tell me those names!!? I had a few "ah yes, thats who that is" moments!! And I agree with Carla, most impressive that you can recall them all so easily!! Hope you can fit in time to come see us again soon?

Wait, there was a meet-up in PA? How'd I miss that one? I did go to the Youngstown one several years back. That was a blast. Hope to repeat someday! I can't remember everyone's name but here's a shot from that weekend. 

IMG_0551.JPG

12 hours ago, diannecp said:

Wait, there was a meet-up in PA? How'd I miss that one? I did go to the Youngstown one several years back. That was a blast. Hope to repeat someday! I can't remember everyone's name but here's a shot from that weekend. 

IMG_0551.JPG

Front row L to R: One of Ann’s daughters (sorry, I can’t remember her name!), Tiza, Dianne, Laura
Second row: Ann, Kim, Lei, Carla, Not Sure who is between?(sorry!), Monica
Third row: Julie (Ann’s other daughter), Shannon

9 minutes ago, AnnBK said:

I just stumbled across this thread.  I would LOVE to meet you all in person.  Has a place/time been decided?  I could easily get to Denver. 

Not yet!!  Would be so awesome to meet you in real life Ann!!  

I've said it before.....WHEREVER "there" is....

ARE WE THERE YET???

On 5/11/2017 at 10:13 AM, anemone1983 said:

Here's the list of locations from FB. If you want to be invited in FB and you're friends with Conda, Angie, Tiza, me, Tamara, Pat, Sandi give your friend a shout. It also looks like I have the option of inviting non-FB people via text or email. I've not done that before, but I'm willing to try it if you want to PM me here with your contact info to try.

Now to the list!

What locations are of interest to you (and that you will actually travel to)? So far, suggestions we've heard (in no particular order): 
- St. Louis, MO
- Kansas City, MO
- Minneapolis, MN
- Omaha, NE
- Denver, CO (there's also a meeting place an hour outside Denver)
- Dearborn, MI (photo walk at Greenfield Village) - There are other locations in MI that are great to visit, but they're a far drive from the DTW airport (so maybe a day trip?)
- Dallas, TX (photo walk at Botanical Gardens & Arboretum)
- San Antonio, TX (Removed because our local expert told us pricing would be outrageous due to Fiesta during our time frames)
- Pacific Northwest (Sandi is checking potential location)

FYI...there is a concern with locations far from airports due to the logistics of a far drive.

It's been fun reliving memories through the photos of previous meet-ups. Let's make some new memories! Any ideas on how we can get commitment and narrow down to just one location?

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:29 AM, anemone1983 said:

It's been fun reliving memories through the photos of previous meet-ups. Let's make some new memories! Any ideas on how we can get commitment and narrow down to just one location?

I'm watching this thread... sad to see that San Antonio fell off the list, as that's exactly where I am, but I could possibly make it up to Dallas.  I'm from the Pacific Northwest, but flying there from TX would be rough, especially in the spring (because of my work schedule).  Waiting to see where this lands...

5 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

I'm watching this thread... sad to see that San Antonio fell off the list, as that's exactly where I am, but I could possibly make it up to Dallas.  I'm from the Pacific Northwest, but flying there from TX would be rough, especially in the spring (because of my work schedule).  Waiting to see where this lands...

This is exactly why it ends up in STL or KC because we are so central for "the coasts"...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived