Planners, Journals, Datebooks, Bullet Journals-Inquiring minds want to know!!

Inquiring minds want to know:

I have a thousand questions regarding planners, journals, bullet journals, datebooks...you get the idea.  

So please tell me what you use.  How you use it.  What size you use.  

Do you buy ready-made pages/planners?  Create something digital?  Decorate hybrid? 

Do you have questions?  Post them here.  I know I have lots of questions...so be prepared. 

Please DO NOT tell me you use Post-it notes....Bwahahaha!!

Discussion starts HERE!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the Happy Planner.  Like it because of the way I can remove the papers so easily.  I have the classic size and the mini.  I carry the mini with me and use the classic on my desk.  I keep track of things I need to do for SG :) and appointments.  I also use a 3rd classic size for my daily Bible study.  I decorate with whatever hits my fancy.  It's usually a mix of stickers and stamps.  I don't have  a lot of time to get to fancy, but I like to add a little color and flair to it.

14 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

This is so unacceptable......:blink:

Use to be a Post It Note girl.... but I'm reformed LOL  My desk would be absolutely covered.  I liked to say it was organized chaos  :)  My husband said it was a mess!

6 minutes ago, GinnyW said:

Use to be a Post It Note girl.... but I'm reformed LOL  My desk would be absolutely covered.  I liked to say it was organized chaos  :)  My husband said it was a mess!

My desk is totally organized chaos!  Minus the post it notes...I do use them occasionally but not as my main note taking system!  :o

I guess you could say I use Post-it notes . . . my own gigantic version! The other day I felt like I had so much going on in my head, i posted these big sheets of paper around my place and started jotting down notes & ideas there. (sorry for the HUGE pic - no idea how to remedy that. suggestions welcome!) 

IMG_1516.JPG

21 minutes ago, diannecp said:

I guess you could say I use Post-it notes . . . my own gigantic version! The other day I felt like I had so much going on in my head, i posted these big sheets of paper around my place and started jotting down notes & ideas there. (sorry for the HUGE pic - no idea how to remedy that. suggestions welcome!) 

IMG_1516.JPG

Hey, it saves the paint!! ;) Sometimes when my brain gets too full with "stuff" I get out a sheet of paper and write...lists...thoughts...to-dos....I never thought of writing on the walls!!

I use Post-It notes at work.  A year ago I had so many stuck all over the bookshelves that I finally got overwhelmed and removed them.  I still use stickies, but I have them all in stacks... which frankly is even more annoying.  I love the idea of a planner, but I'm not sure I'd utilize it regularly.

I do have a Moleskine weekly planner. One page is the dated section, the other page is a ruled page for notes, etc. It works pretty well for me although i'm pretty minimalist. I need to get better at writing things down period (hence the giant sticky notes!) 

I use iCal on Mac for a calendar and it conveniently syncs to iPad and iPod.

As for my "planners" I use and write on and carry around little pieces of paper with my notes, questions, schedule, etc - anything I want to remember.

I call them y "scribble notes" and gosh, I guess they are sorta like Post-it-notes without the sticky or the posting!  !   :D

I'm pretty sure that Melissa's Plan Perfect series last year was aimed at bullet journaling.

I used the Franklin Classic size planner when I was working, and it met my needs then.  This is my second year with a Happy Planner, but it gets buried and then I go weeks without using it.  And hey, they make sticky notes for planners, so there!

4 hours ago, Smiles said:

I'm pretty sure that Melissa's Plan Perfect series last year was aimed at bullet journaling.

I used the Franklin Classic size planner when I was working, and it met my needs then.  This is my second year with a Happy Planner, but it gets buried and then I go weeks without using it.  And hey, they make sticky notes for planners, so there!

Yes, the best of both worlds!

Hey now, I LOVE my planners. But also love my post-it notes :D you'll find those stuck to my planner and in it too ;)

I use a Happy Planner for my family planner.

An A5 filofax size for my work planner.

and Personal sized Filofaxe's for art journals, one for bills/finance etc.

Just now, AmandaFace said:

Hey now, I LOVE my planners. But also love my post-it notes :D you'll find those stuck to my planner and in it too ;)

Ha!  That's what happened to me yesterday.  I think Conda was so proud of me I got myself a little binder, divided it up into sections and have been using that for all my notes and such.  I even bought colored pens for different things.  But then I texted her yesterday a photo of the inside of it, with sticky notes attached to the pages.  I don't think she was impressed :D

So this whole not sleeping thing did help in my research of journals.  After the talk about bullet journals at the meet up I started looking online about what the heck they are, and it does make sense. 

But then I ran across this beauty and all my planner worries was solved :P

2012-01-28 22.38.44.jpg

32 minutes ago, angleigh said:

So this whole not sleeping thing did help in my research of journals.  After the talk about bullet journals at the meet up I started looking online about what the heck they are, and it does make sense. 

But then I ran across this beauty and all my planner worries was solved :P

2012-01-28 22.38.44.jpg

Hey I like that!  Is that just a regular notebook divided into sections?  Shoot, that would be much more $$ friendly :)  I have a problem with spending way too much on planner supplies.  Especially washi tape and stamps!

Thanks for the laugh this morning! I use a calendar on the wall to keep track of things. My life is so dull that when I did try to use a planner, I had nothing to keep track of, rofl! I admire those who can successfully keep a journal!

57 minutes ago, GinnyW said:

Hey I like that!  Is that just a regular notebook divided into sections?  Shoot, that would be much more $$ friendly :)  I have a problem with spending way too much on planner supplies.  Especially washi tape and stamps!

But when those sticky notes fly away...or get lost, you can't go back for reference....I wonder what the sticky note budget for this system is?? ;)

10 hours ago, Smiles said:

I use several Franklin Covey methods my my system.  I also used the classic FC years ago.

Just now, SodScrap said:

But when those sticky notes fly away...or get lost, you can't go back for reference....I wonder what the sticky note budget for this system is?? ;)

Just buy the sticky notes in bulk at Costco, and they are very budget friendly!

Yes, I have post-its stuck to my desk at the office and at home.  For little quick reminders and to-dos.   My coworker (and accounting assistant) has a whole line of colorful post-its across the bottom of both monitors.  It makes me happy.   It's very decorative and functional!! 

I use Google Calendar to keep track of my personal/taiko/work schedules.  They all sync to my phone so I have everything in one nice place.  And since my phone is ALWAYS with me, I know where I need to be.

After listening to the bujo conversations at the meetup, I did buy a cheap notebook from Target and some pens, and will give the planner thing a try. 

3 minutes ago, tiza126 said:

Yes, I have post-its stuck to my desk at the office and at home.  For little quick reminders and to-dos.   My coworker (and accounting assistant) has a whole line of colorful post-its across the bottom of both monitors.  It makes me happy.   It's very decorative and functional!! 

I use Google Calendar to keep track of my personal/taiko/work schedules.  They all sync to my phone so I have everything in one nice place.  And since my phone is ALWAYS with me, I know where I need to be.

After listening to the bujo conversations at the meetup, I did buy a cheap notebook from Target and some pens, and will give the planner thing a try. 

Decorative and functional???????

I also use Google calendar to keep track of appointments and other due dates.  (bills, quarterlies, etc for the businesses)  I cannot imagine life without Google calendar!

I have a disc bound notebook that I use for my daily to-dos and a few other lists/planning things.  

1 hour ago, AmandaFace said:

How do you keep track of multiple planners?  Do you use ready made pages?  Or create your own?

And in general I like sticky notes and use them.  I even stick them in my planner as needed.  I just don't use them as some do in mass quantities. ;)  I have some very cute ones with happy fruit on them.

3 hours ago, CRS said:

Thanks for the laugh this morning! I use a calendar on the wall to keep track of things. My life is so dull that when I did try to use a planner, I had nothing to keep track of, rofl! I admire those who can successfully keep a journal!

I'm the same. I've tried to use planners, even tried to DIYing with products in the boutique. I just want to find a way to get more motivated to get more done. 

Archived