International Scrapbook Day - 2017

Are you ready to Party? International Scrapbook Day is Saturday May 6th and we will be celebrating all weekend long. This year we have an extra fun thing to celebrate - our new website!! Over the past few months we've updated both the look and backend infrastructure of our website, blog and forum. So we are taking the opportunity to introduce you to some of our favorite new features of the site.

Here is how you can get in on all the action!

Scavenger Hunt 
We have a fun scavenger hunt that will tour you around the coolest new features of our site, and will end with a special iNSD freebie download. Don't worry - it should take you less than 5 minutes to complete. Click here to get started

Blinkie & Badge Bonanza

We've created a whole bunch of new "bling" that matches our updated site that you can add to your Forum signature. We really want to see these blinkies and badges get used, so we've sweetened the pot! Email us before/after screenshots of your Forum signature featuring the new bling and we'll send you back a $1 gift certificate! Email us at hello@scrapgirls.com before May 9th to grab this deal.  

Challenge Schedule:
We have a day of challenges planned the celebrate our new site. We will be giving a $5 gift certificate out for each challenge, and if you complete all 4 you will be entered into the drawing for a $25 gift certificate! Will be posting the challenge threads throughout the day so check the forum at the scheduled time.

9:00 a.m. ET - Tutorial Challenge 
We've built a terrific new Tutorial Index to help you easily find all the best content on our site. And we keep adding new tutorials to it each week. We are especially proud of our "Getting Started" section because we re-did all these tutorials to help newbies. For this challenge we'd love to have you take a look at this tutorial about Reasons to Digital Scrapbook and create a layout showing us your favorite reason to go digi.

12:00 a.m. ET - Siggy Challenge 
Our new Forum is more than just a pretty face. We also did a major software upgrade that makes using the Forum much easier. One thing we are really in love with is how much easier it is to upload images. With this challenge we are encouraging you to give it a try, by creating a new siggy (forum signature) and uploading it following these directions. We also would love to encourage you to update your blinkies today and get rid of your broken links. Here's how.

3:00 p.m. ET -Color Challenge
If you'd grown tired of all the purple on the ScrapGirls site we have news for you. It's gone! We've got a fresh, modern new color palette across our entire site created by our designer Syndee Nuckles. We are so over the moon about this new look that we are focusing this challenge around using our new color palette. 

6:00 p.m. ET - Tutorial Challenge 
We want to finish up the day celebrating why we are here. Without scrapbooking there would be no ScrapGirls! We have the perfect tutorial on our lovely new blog to inspire a layout for iNSD - Scrap What You Love! Go crazy on this challenge and make a page that expresses everything you love about scrapbooking!

And of course it wouldn't be a ScrapGirl's party without a great free kit with purchase and huge sale!

4 hours ago, LauraYB said:

I'm in!! It's been WAAAAAAYYYYY too long since I've done some scrapping and taken some "me" time. :)

Yippeeee. I am glad you are back... I look forward to seeing you.

It's so rainy and dreary here that all softball activities for my dd are cancelled, so I get to be home! Let's home DH understands the significance and doesn't want me to do yard work!

would love to have joined this but as your Saturday starts in the early hours of Sunday morning for me and Sunday its my birthday, I don't think I'll be joining you guys as I have family staying. Which for me is :( missing this but :) DD is home for my Birthday :) 

49 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

would love to have joined this but as your Saturday starts in the early hours of Sunday morning for me and Sunday its my birthday, I don't think I'll be joining you guys as I have family staying. Which for me is :( missing this but :) DD is home for my Birthday :) 

That sounds lovely, Jane.   HAPPY BIRTHDAY and how nice your daughter will be there with you! :)

Really looking forward to this event - having just returned from a two week trip to Australia & New Zealand, I'd like to jump start putting my memory book together from the vacation! Also, my signature is pretty old, so an update sounds great!

3 hours ago, CRS said:

It's so rainy and dreary here that all softball activities for my dd are cancelled, so I get to be home! Let's home DH understands the significance and doesn't want me to do yard work!

Yard work? In the rain? :o He wouldn't dare, <_< would he? ^_^

2 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

You'll be missed but Happy Birthday and Yay that your DD is there to celebrate with you! I love when I get to spend time with my DDs!

16 minutes ago, AnnBK said:

I'm going to try to join in as much as I can. I'm not sure I remember how to scrap, but maybe it will come back!

I think it might be like riding a bike, Ann?   Or so they say...   So good to see you here.   xo

39 minutes ago, AnnBK said:

I'm going to try to join in as much as I can. I'm not sure I remember how to scrap, but maybe it will come back!

I can relate, Ann! I have my fingers crossed for ya (well, and me too)!

1 hour ago, AnnBK said:

I hope you can make it Ann!  I'm sure it will come right back... 

10 hours ago, LauraYB said:

I'm in!! It's been WAAAAAAYYYYY too long since I've done some scrapping and taken some "me" time. :)

Are you new here?  HAHAHAHA!  SERIOUSLY...it's great to see you!

34 minutes ago, LindaH57 said:

Sounds like a fun day...count me in...maybe now I'll learn how to create a signature and a blinkie!

Look forward to "seeing" you tomorrow Linda!

Since the raindrops are still coming down, I'll be able to play today. If it had stopped, then I was going to be put to work. Thank you Mother Nature!!

Just completed the Scavenger Hunt and learned some cool new features that I definitely want to check out! Thanks!!

Wow, love the scavenger hunt, I have put links into my favorites to refer to while i'm working on a design. So much information and help I love the way everything looks. Great job SG

Thank you for the freebie, matching the freebie from the sale I downloaded yesterday, love it.

13 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

You'll be missed but Happy Birthday and Yay that your DD is there to celebrate with you! I love when I get to spend time with my DDs!

2 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I could be wrong but I think they are just having challenges. Sad. 

It is a shame we are not having chats, it doesn't look like it.