INSD: 9:00 am Challenge

Debbie Cleek

Hi Everyone! Happy INSD! As you might have noticed we are pretty darn excited about our new site. We want you to fall in love with it to so our challenges today are based around our new site. Here is the first one.

Tutorial Challenge - Valerie
We've built a terrific new Tutorial Index to help you easily find all the best content on our site. And we keep adding new tutorials to it each week. We are especially proud of our "Getting Started" section because we re-did all these tutorials to help newbies. For this challenge we'd love to have you take a look at this tutorial about Reasons to Digital Scrapbook and create a layout showing us your favorite reason to go digi.

Since we don't have any chat software this year feel free to chat away on this thread!

You might have noticed I'm not Valerie, but we'll get you going and I'll go find someone to help!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just worried I was missing out.  Glad to know I'm not!  I do have to take the girls to get their hair cut this morning, but I already warned my family that today is INSD.  I'll be hovering around most of the day!

1 minute ago, SodScrap said:

It is good to see you Laura-it's been a while!!  Here's a fresh cup of coffee for everyone!!

Just heard from Valerie-her internet was out!!

Yikes, I've had that happen before. I was logging in on my kindle (the old kind) to try to get a message to someone.

2 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Laura, good to see you!  I hope you're feeling better.

I'm getting there! :) I got a laugh from your "warning" your family that today is iNSD--I did the same! #SeriousScrappers

Oh, my two girls.  I started scrapping when my oldest was 6 months, because we had so many digital photos already. I've always been a picture-taker (not a good photographer), since the age of 12 I've documented my life in photos.  I want to give the girls all of my LO's when they are grown.  Second reason is heritage cropping...  I want to scrap my old photos.

Back on line now, what a pain.

Here is the bits I put in the event thread.

We've built a terrific new Tutorial Index to help you easily find all the best content on our site. Trust me it's really easy. And we keep adding new tutorials to it each week. We are especially proud of our "Getting Started" section because we re-did all these tutorials to help newbies.

For this challenge we'd love to have you take a look at this tutorial about Reasons to Digital Scrapbook and create a layout showing us your favourite reason to go digi. For an extra challenge try and use another tutorial (or two) on your layout. Don't forget to tell us what you picked.

Post your layouts in the International Scrapbook Day 2017 Gallery.

While you are checking out the tutorial, why not have a look and see what other tutorials catch your eye.

If you are a beginner why not take a look at these;

If you are more of an expert, how about these;

I found several tutorials I hadn't seen before.

Don't forget the scavenger hunt and blinkie bonanza. As well as the sale in the shop, including a free collection with any purchase over $10.

Scavenger Hunt 
We have a fun scavenger hunt that will tour you around the coolest new features of our site, and will end with a special iNSD freebie download. Don't worry - it should take you less than 5 minutes to complete. Click here to get started

Blinkie & Badge Bonanza

We've created a whole bunch of new "bling" that matches our updated site that you can add to your Forum signature. We really want to see these blinkies and badges get used, so we've sweetened the pot! Email us before/after screenshots of your Forum signature featuring the new bling and we'll send you back a $1 gift certificate! Email us at hello@scrapgirls.com before May 9th to grab this deal.  

My DH is an IT guy, has got me all set up, very supportive of my digital habit.  Digiscrapping saves so much physical space!  And you can use the supplies over and over, in many different ways.  I can manipulate the colors, texture, etc.  Love it!  I've never been a traditional paper scrapper.

2 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

My favorite reason to DIGITAL  scrapbook is because all my supplies are stored neatly on my EHD and DH has NO IDEA how many I have!!

LOL!  My DH does know, and at times he gets a look of trepidation in his eyes...  but he says as external storage devices are coming down in price, he should be able to keep up with my storage needs!

Just now, SodScrap said:

Glad it got straightened out Valerie!

Well sort of, Firefox isn't working, so I am trying to use edge, don't like it.

Just now, Mikelle said:

LOL!  My DH does know, and at times he gets a look of trepidation in his eyes...  but he says as external storage devices are coming down in price, he should be able to keep up with my storage needs!

Mine too Mikelle! He laughs at how much space I use.

Just now, April Showers said:

Mine too Mikelle! He laughs at how much space I use.

Well... I'm sure they both realize how much worse it could be... we could have rooms full of paper/traditional supplies and tools!  I had a neighbor a while ago who is very much into traditional scrapping, and her whole basement is full of supplies.  It was impressive.

1 minute ago, April Showers said:

Now I'm curious what your settings/browser are because I have to click the notification to see them.

I wondered the same April!

Good luck with the haircuts Mikelle!

Archived